What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users? - Suse

This is a discussion on What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users? - Suse ; What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users? Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead of KDE?...

  1. What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    of KDE?

  2. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    teuniz@gmail.com wrote:

    > What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?
    >
    > Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    > of KDE?

    alphabetically "g" does come before "k"
    --
    Suse 10.3 x64, Kde 3.5.8, Gnome 2.20.0, Opera 9.x weekly

  3. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    teuniz@gmail.com wrote:
    > What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    Look at the quetionaires openSUSE has done. Sorry, no URL.

    > Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    > of KDE?

    Alphabetical order. Look in the mailinglists for the official
    confirmation on this.

    houghi
    --
    > Knock-knock.
    > Who's there?
    > Under the Patriot Act, we don't have to tell you that.

  4. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    In Bill P:

    > teuniz@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >> What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?
    >>
    >> Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    >> of KDE?

    > alphabetically "g" does come before "k"

    Good catch. Who'd thunk it?

    Seriously, I wish my life was simplified sufficiently for Why Is The Sky
    Blue category of questions once again.

    Best explanation I have for this runaway out in the weeds: IMO, WHBT.

  5. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    > > Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    > > of KDE?

    > Alphabetical order. Look in the mailinglists for the official
    > confirmation on this.

    So, alphabetical order is more important than the excellent KDE-
    history
    and tradition of SuSE?

    What a shame...

  6. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    teuniz@gmail.com wrote:
    > So, alphabetical order is more important than the excellent KDE-
    > history
    > and tradition of SuSE?

    There is no SuSE. There is SUSE that has GNOME as default and there is
    openSUSE that has both as an option.

    > What a shame...

    Tradition in computing for the sake of tradition is also called
    stupidity.

    I am sorry to say that the troll attempt KDE<>GNOME has failed. (well,
    not THAT sorry)

    houghi
    --
    > Knock-knock.
    > Who's there?
    > Under the Patriot Act, we don't have to tell you that.

  7. Re: What is the most used desktop by OpenSUSE users?

    teuniz@gmail.com wrote:
    >>> Why put OpenSUSE gnome on top of the list during installation instead
    >>> of KDE?

    >> Alphabetical order. Look in the mailinglists for the official
    >> confirmation on this.

    > So, alphabetical order is more important than the excellent KDE-
    > history
    > and tradition of SuSE?
    >
    > What a shame...

    Don't go emo on us. ;D

    Seriously, I don't see where your problem is. As it is now, there's no
    preference between either desktop at installation time and everyone is
    happy. Though support for KDE is better in openSUSE than for Gnome, at
    installation time, everyone has his choice. And support for Gnome will
    probably be on par with KDE at some point with YaST being ported to GTK.

+ Reply to Thread