Opening StoreBackup mail folders - Suse

This is a discussion on Opening StoreBackup mail folders - Suse ; My StoreBackup has been working flawlessly ever since I had all of the help installing it from this group. However, when I tried to open a Thunderbird mail folder that had been saved by StoreBackup, it will only display the ...

  1. Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    My StoreBackup has been working flawlessly ever since I had all of the help
    installing it from this group. However, when I tried to open a Thunderbird
    mail folder that had been saved by StoreBackup, it will only display the
    very last entry. :-(

    How does one access the rest of the mail in a folder?

    Thanks,

    Godzilla

  2. Re: Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    Godzilla wrote:
    > My StoreBackup has been working flawlessly ever since I had all of the help
    > installing it from this group. However, when I tried to open a Thunderbird
    > mail folder that had been saved by StoreBackup, it will only display the
    > very last entry. :-(
    >
    > How does one access the rest of the mail in a folder?

    No idea how that specific mailfolder works. I use a program that just
    reads my mbox type of mails.

    So the first is that you need to figure out if it is mbox or not. What
    you can do is to install mutt and then do `mutt -f mailfile`.

    Isn't there an 'import' or such a thing?

    houghi
    --
    If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and
    Gomorrah an apology.

  3. Re: Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    houghi wrote:

    > Godzilla wrote:
    >> My StoreBackup has been working flawlessly ever since I had all of the
    >> help installing it from this group. However, when I tried to open a
    >> Thunderbird mail folder that had been saved by StoreBackup, it will only
    >> display the very last entry. :-(
    >>
    >> How does one access the rest of the mail in a folder?

    > No idea how that specific mailfolder works. I use a program that just
    > reads my mbox type of mails.
    >
    > So the first is that you need to figure out if it is mbox or not. What
    > you can do is to install mutt and then do `mutt -f mailfile`.
    >
    > Isn't there an 'import' or such a thing?
    >
    > houghi

    The folders were in mbox format. I downloaded mutt and while I was at it
    told YAST to download the printing adjunct for mutt. That took a LONG time,
    because a number of other items had to be added and downloaded.

    Once I got to the mail folder that I was looking for, after a few hiccups I
    highlighted and read the one that I had been looking for. :-)

    If you keep this up, Houghi, I will not owe you two beers anymore, but will
    have to make it three beers. ;-)

    Thanks again,

    Godzilla

  4. Re: Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    Godzilla wrote:
    > The folders were in mbox format. I downloaded mutt and while I was at it
    > told YAST to download the printing adjunct for mutt. That took a LONG time,
    > because a number of other items had to be added and downloaded.

    The printing what? If I would have a working printer, I would just press
    'p' and it asks me if I want to print the letter.

    > Once I got to the mail folder that I was looking for, after a few hiccups I
    > highlighted and read the one that I had been looking for. :-)

    OK, now that you have established that it works, it might be good to
    look for reasons. So now somebody needs to answer the original question
    as to how to get those into your program.

    OTOH if you desire to keep using mutt, you could use
    http://houghi.org/script/00_More_Scripts/cm Also look at muttrc. And a
    way to show all your differnt mailboxes (I use wmdrawer)

    To search for mails, you can use grepš, which is a frontend to grepmail.

    he HUGE advantage for me for mutt over any GUI based emailreader is that
    I can ssh to my home and use the program I am used to.

    > If you keep this up, Houghi, I will not owe you two beers anymore, but will
    > have to make it three beers. ;-)

    I drink Bulmers now. bulmers. ie not beer.

    houghi
    --
    If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and
    Gomorrah an apology.

  5. Re: Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    houghi wrote:

    > Godzilla wrote:
    >> The folders were in mbox format. I downloaded mutt and while I was at it
    >> told YAST to download the printing adjunct for mutt. That took a LONG
    >> time, because a number of other items had to be added and downloaded.

    > The printing what? If I would have a working printer, I would just press
    > 'p' and it asks me if I want to print the letter.

    When I had YAST search for mutt, it also showed muttprint for fancy
    printing. Here is their description:

    "Muttprint is a utility that formats the printing of Mutt and other mail
    clients like XFMail or PINE to be like the printing of Netscape Messenger
    or Kmail. It can print a little penguin on the first page and a headline on
    every page. Furthermore, it only prints the most important headers, but not
    the whole plethora of them. "

    I had never heard of Bulmers, so I Googled and brought up their website.
    It asked me if I was 18, and I said "no" so they would not let me in. ;-)

    Godzilla

  6. Re: Opening StoreBackup mail folders

    Godzilla wrote:
    > When I had YAST search for mutt, it also showed muttprint for fancy
    > printing. Here is their description:
    >
    > "Muttprint is a utility that formats the printing of Mutt and other mail
    > clients like XFMail or PINE to be like the printing of Netscape Messenger
    > or Kmail.

    WTF is so special about that. Oh wait.

    > It can print a little penguin on the first page

    Man, I can not believe that I have lived without such a thing when I
    want to print out a plain-text file.
    http://muttprint.sourceforge.net/pics/sampe.png

    houghi
    --
    If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and
    Gomorrah an apology.

+ Reply to Thread