Strange problem with Packman - Suse

This is a discussion on Strange problem with Packman - Suse ; When running Zypper in 10.3 the following error occurs: * Cleaning repository 'Packman Repository' cache * Building repository 'Packman Repository' cache Error building the cache database: SQL logic error or missing database Skipping repository 'Packman Repository' because of the above ...

  1. Strange problem with Packman

    When running Zypper in 10.3 the following error occurs:

    * Cleaning repository 'Packman Repository' cache
    * Building repository 'Packman Repository' cache
    Error building the cache database:
    SQL logic error or missing database
    Skipping repository 'Packman Repository' because of the above error.

    I've run rpm --rebuilddb with no luck.

    I can not remove it from the installation sources either:
    # zypper rr http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/
    * Cleaning repository 'Packman Repository' cache
    * Removing repository 'http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/'
    Unexpected exception.
    Record not found in the cache
    Please file a bug report about this.

    Now what? Is this known?

    Vahis
    Remodeling my site to train new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  2. Re: Strange problem with Packman

    On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:45:08 +0000, Vahis wrote:

    > When running Zypper in 10.3 the following error occurs:
    >
    > * Cleaning repository 'Packman Repository' cache * Building repository
    > 'Packman Repository' cache Error building the cache database:
    > SQL logic error or missing database
    > Skipping repository 'Packman Repository' because of the above error.
    >
    > I've run rpm --rebuilddb with no luck.
    >
    > I can not remove it from the installation sources either: # zypper rr
    > http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/ * Cleaning repository
    > 'Packman Repository' cache * Removing repository
    > 'http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/' Unexpected exception.
    > Record not found in the cache
    > Please file a bug report about this.
    >
    > Now what? Is this known?

    Got the first message about the SQL error, not the second. Worked around
    by disabling the Packman repository, and adding it again, but not able to
    delete the faulty one.

    Watching thread with interest.

    --
    David Haggett
    Linux user since 01/01/2003

  3. Re: Strange problem with Packman

    On 2008-02-16, David Haggett wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 09:45:08 +0000, Vahis wrote:
    >
    >> When running Zypper in 10.3 the following error occurs:
    >>
    >> * Cleaning repository 'Packman Repository' cache * Building repository
    >> 'Packman Repository' cache Error building the cache database:
    >> SQL logic error or missing database
    >> Skipping repository 'Packman Repository' because of the above error.
    >>
    >> I've run rpm --rebuilddb with no luck.
    >>
    >> I can not remove it from the installation sources either: # zypper rr
    >> http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/ * Cleaning repository
    >> 'Packman Repository' cache * Removing repository
    >> 'http://ftp.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3/' Unexpected exception.
    >> Record not found in the cache
    >> Please file a bug report about this.
    >>
    >> Now what? Is this known?

    > Got the first message about the SQL error, not the second. Worked around
    > by disabling the Packman repository, and adding it again, but not able to
    > delete the faulty one.
    >
    > Watching thread with interest.

    I added another Packman from a different mirror:

    #zypper ar http://packman.iu-bremen.de/suse/10.3/ Packman_New

    Now that one is there and the original one disappeared, no errors anymore.
    That was strange since I first tried to remove it and I couldn't.

    Vahis
    Remodeling my site to train new things:
    http://waxborg.servepics.com
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

+ Reply to Thread