troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image - Suse

This is a discussion on troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image - Suse ; first I tried using Bittorrent under XP to get the SuSE 10.3 386 ISO, but Bittorrent couldn't allocate diskspace on my external hard drive -- it kept aborting with "Error: There is not enough space on the disk." Ktorrent under ...

  1. troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image

    first I tried using Bittorrent under XP to get the SuSE 10.3 386 ISO,
    but Bittorrent couldn't allocate diskspace on my external hard drive
    -- it kept aborting with "Error: There is not enough space on the
    disk."

    Ktorrent under 10.2 on the same box (dual-core AMD) managed well
    enough. but k3b doesn't seem to work -- doesn't even begin to start
    burning: stops after 2-3 minutes of trying to write. CDBurner XP
    works well enough under XP -- so I figured I'd copy the ISO to the
    FAT32 external HD and try burning under XP.

    using Konqueror, I couldn't copy successfully -- it would abend just
    before the end. cp didn't work either. after some searches, I
    thought maybe if I ran chkdsk under XP & then rebooted to Suse, I
    could then copy the ISO to the external drive.

    this almost worked -- this time around, although one Konqueror popup
    informed me that Konqueror had died, the copy window claimed
    successful completion. I decided to give it another try anyway -- but
    after burning the ISO and using that DVD to boot the other box on
    which I'm trying to install it, the DVD failed the Installation check,
    so I guess maybe that copy didn't work after all.

  2. Re: troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image

    rafe wrote:

    > first I tried using Bittorrent under XP to get the SuSE 10.3 386 ISO,
    > but Bittorrent couldn't allocate diskspace on my external hard drive
    > -- it kept aborting with "Error: There is not enough space on the
    > disk."

    first,
    SuSE 10.3 does not exist
    it should be openSUSE 10.3 you mean.
    http://software.opensuse.org/

    second,
    the openSUSE 10.3 DVD is over 4GB,
    wich fat partition can not write on it.
    so you have a broken iso ;-)

    third,
    why using bittorent?
    download from ftp (http) of opensuse or mirror
    http://en.opensuse.org/Mirrors_Released_Version
    a fast mirror if you live in europe is
    http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/ftp.open...ution/10.3/iso

    fifth,
    i should download the openSUSE 10.3 (KDE or GNOME) CD version.
    it's 700MB download and you
    before installation Yast add the oss & non-oss repositories for you
    you can add more like packman.
    then you have the latest versions of software ;-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image

    On Feb 15, 11:44 am, EOS wrote:
    > fifth,
    > i should download the openSUSE 10.3 (KDE or GNOME) CD version.
    > it's 700MB download and you
    > before installation Yast add the oss & non-oss repositories for you
    > you can add more like packman.
    > then you have the latest versions of software ;-)
    > --
    > EOSwww.photo-memories.be
    > Running KDE 3.5.8 / openSUSE 10.3

    oops. I think I used to know about the 4GB limit. thanks for the
    pointers.

    now downloading (via http)

    openSUSE-10.3-GM-KDE-i386.iso

    and

    openSUSE-10.3-GM-Addon-NonOss-BiArch.iso

    thanks.

    -rafe

  4. Re: troubles copying/burning 10.3 ISO image

    rafe wrote:

    > oops. *I think I used to know about the 4GB limit. *thanks for the
    > pointers.
    >
    > now downloading (via http)
    >
    > openSUSE-10.3-GM-KDE-i386.iso
    >
    > and
    >
    > openSUSE-10.3-GM-Addon-NonOss-BiArch.iso
    >
    > thanks.

    before installation...
    add repositories of KDE & other;-)
    that will make it easy to install a full OS with all the sofwtare you need.

    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../openSUSE_10.3

    http://packman.mirrors.skynet.be/pub/packman/suse/10.3
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit.../openSUSE_10.3
    http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/10.3