How to install TrueCrypt? - Suse

This is a discussion on How to install TrueCrypt? - Suse ; I can't seem to be able to install TrueCrypt 5.0a. If I try to install the Suse binary from http://www.truecrypt.org/ it requires a version of libstdc++ slightly newer than what I have (I'm running OpenSuse 10.2), so it just doesn't ...

  1. How to install TrueCrypt?

    I can't seem to be able to install TrueCrypt 5.0a. If I try to install
    the Suse binary from http://www.truecrypt.org/ it requires a version of
    libstdc++ slightly newer than what I have (I'm running OpenSuse 10.2),
    so it just doesn't work.

    If I download the source and try to build it, it tries to run
    wx-config from a strange location and fails. (It attempts to put some
    path to the command, even though wx-config would work directly, without
    any paths.)

    How to proceed?

  2. Re: How to install TrueCrypt?

    Juha Nieminen wrote:
    > I can't seem to be able to install TrueCrypt 5.0a. If I try to install
    > the Suse binary from http://www.truecrypt.org/ it requires a version of
    > libstdc++ slightly newer than what I have (I'm running OpenSuse 10.2),
    > so it just doesn't work.
    >
    > If I download the source and try to build it, it tries to run
    > wx-config from a strange location and fails. (It attempts to put some
    > path to the command, even though wx-config would work directly, without
    > any paths.)
    >
    > How to proceed?

    I used TrueCrypt 5.0 source. Not sure where you got 5.0a.
    The Readme.txt says:

    II. Linux and Mac OS X
    ======================

    Requirements for Building TrueCrypt for Linux and Mac OS X:

    - GNU Make
    - GNU C++ Compiler 4.0 or compatible
    - pkg-config
    - wxWidgets 2.8 library source code (available at http://www.wxwidgets.org)
    - FUSE library (available at http://fuse.sourceforge.net and
    http://code.google.com/p/macfuse)

    Instructions for Building TrueCrypt for Linux and Mac OS X:

    1) Change the current directory to the root of the TrueCrypt source code.

    2) Configure and build wxWidgets library for TrueCrypt. WX_ROOT variable
    must
    be set to point to the location of the source code of wxWidgets library.
    Output files are placed in './wxrelease/' directory.

    $ make WX_ROOT=/usr/src/wxWidgets wxbuild

    3) Build TrueCrypt:

    $ make

    4) If successful, the TrueCrypt executable should be located in the
    directory 'Main'.

  3. Re: How to install TrueCrypt?

    Uwe Grauer wrote:
    > 2) Configure and build wxWidgets library for TrueCrypt. WX_ROOT variable
    > must
    > be set to point to the location of the source code of wxWidgets library.
    > Output files are placed in './wxrelease/' directory.
    >
    > $ make WX_ROOT=/usr/src/wxWidgets wxbuild

    There's no such a thing in my system. I can't find anything with
    Yast's software management which would install something like that either.

    Does this mean I have to find the source code of wxWidgets and try to
    figure out how to make it work as described above?

  4. Re: How to install TrueCrypt?

    Juha Nieminen wrote:
    > I can't seem to be able to install TrueCrypt 5.0a. If I try to install
    > the Suse binary from http://www.truecrypt.org/ it requires a version of
    > libstdc++ slightly newer than what I have (I'm running OpenSuse 10.2),
    > so it just doesn't work.

    I run 10.3 and all I needed to install extra was fuse and libuse (or the
    like). Look up the discution about this with http://dejanews.com

    houghi
    --
    > Beware of he who would deny you access to information, <
    > for in his heart he dreams himself your master. <
    > Commissioner Pravin Lal: "U.N. Declaration of Rights" <

  5. Re: How to install TrueCrypt?

    Juha Nieminen wrote:
    > Uwe Grauer wrote:
    >> 2) Configure and build wxWidgets library for TrueCrypt. WX_ROOT variable
    >> must
    >> be set to point to the location of the source code of wxWidgets library.
    >> Output files are placed in './wxrelease/' directory.
    >>
    >> $ make WX_ROOT=/usr/src/wxWidgets wxbuild

    > There's no such a thing in my system. I can't find anything with
    > Yast's software management which would install something like that either.
    >
    > Does this mean I have to find the source code of wxWidgets and try to
    > figure out how to make it work as described above?

    Yes, get the wxGTK source from
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=9863
    and extract it into a directory.
    WX_ROOT should point to that directory.

    If all this is too much hazard for you, you should wait for
    truecrypt 5.0 to appear in Yast's software management.

    Uwe

+ Reply to Thread