10.3 backlevel to 32bit, lost dvd-slideshow - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 backlevel to 32bit, lost dvd-slideshow - Suse ; Following a fresh reinstall to 32 bit, dvd-slideshow-0.8.1-0.pm.svn20071108.noarch.rpm complains as so: ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libdc1394_control.so.12: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Listed Depends (all installed): ImageMagick mjpegtools /bin/bash ffmpeg netpbm sox Additionally Installed: ...

  1. 10.3 backlevel to 32bit, lost dvd-slideshow

    Following a fresh reinstall to 32 bit, dvd-slideshow-0.8.1-0.pm.svn20071108.noarch.rpm
    complains as so:

    ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries:
    libdc1394_control.so.12: cannot open shared object file:
    No such file or directory

    Listed Depends (all installed):
    ImageMagick
    mjpegtools
    /bin/bash
    ffmpeg
    netpbm
    sox
    Additionally Installed:
    dvd-author
    libmad for mp3
    libdvbpsi for ts mux/demux
    mpeg2dec for decoding mpeg2
    libogg
    libvorbis
    lame for mp3
    ffmpeg
    libdc1394
    libdc1394-20
    libdc1394-devel

    I saved out the package list of the previous 64bit installation (where
    dvd-slideshow worked very nicely) but it's unusable for a 32bit one.
    I approximated the packages installed but must have missed something.

  2. Re: 10.3 backlevel to 32bit, lost dvd-slideshow

    tinkering@no.net wrote:

    > Following a fresh reinstall to 32 bit,
    > dvd-slideshow-0.8.1-0.pm.svn20071108.noarch.rpm
    > complains as so:
    > ffmpeg: error while loading shared libraries: libdc1394_control.so.12:
    >
    > Listed Depends (all installed):
    > ImageMagick
    > mjpegtools
    > /bin/bash
    > ffmpeg
    > netpbm
    > sox
    > Additionally Installed:
    > dvd-author
    > libmad for mp3
    > libdvbpsi for ts mux/demux
    > mpeg2dec for decoding mpeg2
    > libogg
    > libvorbis
    > lame for mp3
    > ffmpeg
    > libdc1394
    > libdc1394-20
    > libdc1394-devel
    >

    > I saved out the package list of the previous 64bit installation (where
    > dvd-slideshow worked very nicely) but it's unusable for a 32bit one. I
    > approximated the packages installed but must have missed something.

    Got it working, the only packages that I can think of as having made
    the difference are

    ffmpeg-0.4.9.11482-3.1 videolan
    ffmpeg-devel-0.4.9.11482-3.1 videolan

    Other problems involving hal and caffeine also solved but I can't put
    up the package list, apparently it's too large to post.

+ Reply to Thread