10.1 installation cannot find hard discs - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.1 installation cannot find hard discs - Suse ; I am trying to do a clean install of 10.1 on a Dell laptop Inspiron 1501. I have done this before OK on this machine but this time the installation comes up with "Cannot find hard disc" after the licence ...

  1. 10.1 installation cannot find hard discs

    I am trying to do a clean install of 10.1 on a Dell laptop Inspiron 1501.

    I have done this before OK on this machine but this time the installation
    comes up with "Cannot find hard disc" after the licence agreement screen I
    guess it is driver issue. I have tried manually loading what appear to be
    relevant drivers but not getting anywhere. Any clues?

  2. Re: 10.1 installation cannot find hard discs

    Tony of Judicious wrote:

    > I am trying to do a clean install of 10.1 on a Dell laptop Inspiron 1501.
    >
    > I have done this before OK on this machine but this time the installation
    > comes up with "Cannot find hard disc" after the licence agreement screen
    > I guess it is driver issue. *I have tried manually loading what appear to
    > be relevant drivers but not getting anywhere. *Any clues?

    correct sata issue in kernel ;-)
    get a distro with 2.6.21 or higher.

    Why openSUSE 10.1?
    get the new openSUSE 10.3