xorg-X11-Xnest update - Suse

This is a discussion on xorg-X11-Xnest update - Suse ; On my openSUSE 10.3 64bit machine I all the time get a message there is an update available. It's xorg-X11-Xnest Various Xserver security issue fixed. Type security. New version 4859-0. When I try to install it and the installation is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: xorg-X11-Xnest update

  1. xorg-X11-Xnest update

    On my openSUSE 10.3 64bit machine I all the time get a message there is
    an update available. It's xorg-X11-Xnest Various Xserver security issue
    fixed. Type security. New version 4859-0. When I try to install it and
    the installation is ready I get the same massage again that this update
    is available.

  2. Re: xorg-X11-Xnest update

    Inge Svensson wrote:

    > On my openSUSE 10.3 64bit machine I all the time get a message there is
    > an update available. It's xorg-X11-Xnest Various Xserver security issue
    > fixed. Type security. New version 4859-0. When I try to install it and
    > the installation is ready I get the same massage again that this update
    > is available.


    I had the same problem. To solve it I used Yast and did an update of that
    file via Software Management. Then I went to the repositories section of
    Yast and refreshed all the sources. About half of them needed new keys.

    After that the update proceeded normally.


    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  3. Re: xorg-X11-Xnest update

    Darrell Stec skrev:
    > Inge Svensson wrote:
    >
    >> On my openSUSE 10.3 64bit machine I all the time get a message there is
    >> an update available. It's xorg-X11-Xnest Various Xserver security issue
    >> fixed. Type security. New version 4859-0. When I try to install it and
    >> the installation is ready I get the same massage again that this update
    >> is available.

    >
    > I had the same problem. To solve it I used Yast and did an update of that
    > file via Software Management. Then I went to the repositories section of
    > Yast and refreshed all the sources. About half of them needed new keys.
    >
    > After that the update proceeded normally.
    >
    >

    Thank you. I solved the problem and recalled my post.

+ Reply to Thread