(OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech - Suse

This is a discussion on (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech - Suse ; Christopher Hunter writes: > CBFalconer wrote: > >> Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed >> with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all >> irrelevant material. > > /Please/ don't try to "police" ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

  1. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > CBFalconer wrote:
    >
    >> Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    >> with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    >> irrelevant material.

    > /Please/ don't try to "police" this group - you'll just get lots of abuse
    > from the usual suspects!
    >
    > C.

    And for good reason. Falconer knows jack about Linux, posts from a
    Windows client and refuses to correctly format his own posts.

  2. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    Mark Kent writes:

    > Christopher Hunter espoused:
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    >>> with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    >>> irrelevant material.

    >> /Please/ don't try to "police" this group - you'll just get lots of abuse
    >> from the usual suspects!
    >>

    > I just delete top-posters, and kfile repeat offenders.

    Nobody cares Mark. You're an egotistical windbag with the emotions of
    one of Adolf's best. Your propensity to killfile people and entire
    sources/servers of usenet postings marks you out for the small minded
    bigot that you really are.

  3. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 19:20:36 +0100, Hadron wrote:

    > Mark Kent writes:
    >
    >> Christopher Hunter espoused:

    >>> /Please/ don't try to "police" this group - you'll just get lots of abuse
    >>> from the usual suspects!
    >>>

    >> I just delete top-posters, and kfile repeat offenders.

    > Nobody cares Mark. You're an egotistical windbag with the emotions of
    > one of Adolf's best. Your propensity to killfile people and entire
    > sources/servers of usenet postings marks you out for the small minded
    > bigot that you really are.

    So now we have Goldilocks = Roy Schestowitz
    and

    Henny Penny = Mark Kent.

    (FWIW Henny Penny, the sky is falling, the sky is falling)

  4. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    Hadron wrote:

    > Christopher Hunter writes:
    >
    >> CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >>> Please do not top-post. Your answer belongs after (or intermixed
    >>> with) the quoted material to which you reply, after snipping all
    >>> irrelevant material.

    >> /Please/ don't try to "police" this group - you'll just get lots of abuse
    >> from the usual suspects!
    >>
    >> C.

    > And for good reason. Falconer knows jack about Linux, posts from a
    > Windows client and refuses to correctly format his own posts.

    I'm astonished! Hadron actually agrees with something I wrote!

    Wow!

    C.

  5. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    : Also do NOT put information links relevant to your message body in a
    : signature. If you properly delimited your signature then news readers
    : would remove them and make your arsy advice to refer to your .sig
    : useless.
    :

    Please explain?

  6. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    Christopher Hunter writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Christopher Hunter writes:

    >>> /Please/ don't try to "police" this group - you'll just get lots of abuse
    >>> from the usual suspects!
    >>>
    >>> C.

    >> And for good reason. Falconer knows jack about Linux, posts from a
    >> Windows client and refuses to correctly format his own posts.

    > I'm astonished! Hadron actually agrees with something I wrote!
    >
    > Wow!

    :-;

    You had taken your tin foil suit off for a moment or two ...

  7. Re: (OT) Nokia Buys Trolltech

    "Cork Soaker" writes:

    > : Also do NOT put information links relevant to your message body in a
    > : signature. If you properly delimited your signature then news readers
    > : would remove them and make your arsy advice to refer to your .sig
    > : useless.
    > :
    >
    > Please explain?

    The BODY of an article is where information relevant to the subject
    goes. The signature is considered superflous and it is common practice
    for many people to snip signatures as they add nothing to the subject in
    hand.

    (It is interesting that despite that arrogant arse Falconer being
    pointed to free usenet servers which do not append second sigs, he still
    sticks with teranews. Why? So those of use whose newsreaders only snip
    the *last* signature get to see his pimping .signature)

    All this is made doubly as bad of course, since "the boss" CBFalconer
    considers himself a bit of an expert at posting etiquette and never
    tires of telling people off for top posting and *GASP* not snipping his
    ****ing signatures!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad eh? While at the same time pointing
    people to stupid net nanny signature links.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2