Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06 - Suse

This is a discussion on Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06 - Suse ; Hi all. I am having problems installing this program "gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06", when doing ./configure I get this message: linux-s33r:~/gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06 # ./configure checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether build environment is sane... yes checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ...

  1. Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    Hi all.

    I am having problems installing this program "gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06",
    when doing ./configure I get this message:

    linux-s33r:~/gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06 # ./configure
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking build system type... Invalid configuration `i686-pc-linux-':machine
    `i686-pc-linux' not recognized
    configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc-linux- failed
    linux-s33r:

    The system is a 586 Pentium, running SuSE 10.3 whith a kernelupgrade to
    kernel-default-2.6.22.13-0.3.i586. I just don't know where the script gets
    that I am running i686, I am not.

    Does any of you have any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    Al, Copenhagen

  2. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    ACL wrote:

    > gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    I don't know why that happened to you. I have two 10 year old Pentium II's
    (Xeon + 2MB L2 cache each). After installing a couple of missing
    dependencies I ran configure successfully and installed with no problems.
    Here's the result of running './configure':

    mike@jupiter:~/downloads/bz2/gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06> ./configure
    checking for gawk... gawk
    checking for gcc... gcc
    checking for suffix of executables...
    checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
    checking for m4... m4
    checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
    checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
    checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
    checking for ANSI C header files... yes
    checking for sys/types.h... yes
    checking for sys/stat.h... yes
    checking for stdlib.h... yes
    checking for string.h... yes
    checking for memory.h... yes
    checking for strings.h... yes
    checking for inttypes.h... yes
    checking for stdint.h... yes
    checking for unistd.h... yes
    checking sys/time.h usability... yes
    checking sys/time.h presence... yes
    checking for sys/time.h... yes
    checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
    checking for alarm... yes
    checking for working mktime... yes
    checking return type of signal handlers... void
    checking for vprintf... yes
    checking for _doprnt... no
    checking for gettimeofday... yes
    checking for memmove... yes
    checking for memset... yes
    checking for socket... yes
    checking for strchr... yes
    checking for strdup... yes
    checking for strerror... yes
    checking for strrchr... yes
    checking for snprintf... yes
    checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
    checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
    checking for libgpg-error... found
    checking for libassuan... found
    checking for libgcrypt... found
    checking for OPENSSL... yes
    checking for GNUTLS... yes
    checking for PKCS11_HELPER... yes
    checking pkcs11-helper features... ok
    checking cryptographic library to use... Using OpenSSL
    checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
    checking for working volatile... yes
    checking for off_t... yes
    checking for pid_t... yes
    checking for size_t... yes
    checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... (cached) yes
    checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h... time.h
    checking stdio.h usability... yes
    checking stdio.h presence... yes
    checking for stdio.h... yes
    checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
    checking stdargs.h usability... no
    checking stdargs.h presence... no
    checking for stdargs.h... no
    checking malloc.h usability... yes
    checking malloc.h presence... yes
    checking for malloc.h... yes
    checking ctype.h usability... yes
    checking ctype.h presence... yes
    checking for ctype.h... yes
    checking for string.h... (cached) yes
    checking errno.h usability... yes
    checking errno.h presence... yes
    checking for errno.h... yes
    checking signal.h usability... yes
    checking signal.h presence... yes
    checking for signal.h... yes
    checking dlfcn.h usability... yes
    checking dlfcn.h presence... yes
    checking for dlfcn.h... yes
    checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating distro/Makefile
    config.status: creating distro/debian/Makefile
    config.status: creating distro/rpm/Makefile
    config.status: creating distro/rpm/gnupg-pkcs11-scd.spec
    config.status: creating config.h

    So why did you get the error you did ?? I don't know but I wonder.. do you
    have the kernel sources installed ?? Maybe someone else can help you on
    this...

    Sorry I can't help you out.. Now what do I do with this package ???
    LOL ;-)

  3. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    -----------------------------------snip----------------------------------------------
    > So why did you get the error you did ?? I don't know but I wonder.. do
    > you
    > have the kernel sources installed ?? Maybe someone else can help you on
    > this...
    >
    > Sorry I can't help you out.. Now what do I do with this package ???
    > LOL ;-)

    I guess these cpu's are actually 686's as that is what kde control center
    reports... Also, I'm running this kernel: 2.6.24-rc7-git5-13-default
    though I doubt that matters..

    I'll clarify to say that i686 is what this 'machine' is reported to be...
    So perhaps it's the system architecture and not the cpu that is what
    matters... I'm sure someone else can elucidate/clarify this situation for
    you. Perhaps Houghi or David Bolt can chime in here ???

  4. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    ACL wrote:
    > The system is a 586 Pentium, running SuSE 10.3 whith a kernelupgrade to
    > kernel-default-2.6.22.13-0.3.i586. I just don't know where the script gets
    > that I am running i686, I am not.

    This is a very OLD msg, so the question probably has been resolved
    already, but just to make it into the archives:
    a i586 is a Pentium (or Pentium with MMX extensions), running at
    60 cq 90 (or the later model, 75 cq 120) MHz.
    Everything with a Pentium Pro, Pentium II or later is a i686.

    When you do
    $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
    look then at the "model :" line.
    If it says:
    model : 6
    you got a i686 (and of course a i586 would be "model : 5", but they
    haven't been sold anymore for more then 10 years).

    PS: I did the above on a Pentium D, which also still is a i686
    I believe a Core 2 isn't anymore (although it still is in
    cpu family 6).
    And just as an addition: Model : 7 would be an Itanium (or
    Itanium II).
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  5. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:28:14 +0200, Eef Hartman wrote:
    > PS: I did the above on a Pentium D, which also still is a i686 I believe
    > a Core 2 isn't anymore (although it still is in cpu family 6).
    > And just as an addition: Model : 7 would be an Itanium (or Itanium II).

    I get this on a machine with a Pentium III (Katmai), and as you can see
    it also declares "model : 7".

    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 7
    model name : Pentium III (Katmai)
    stepping : 3
    cpu MHz : 601.374
    cache size : 512 KB

  6. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    this is from core 2 duo listing, for both cores

    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 15
    model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
    stepping : 11
    cpu MHz : 2000.000
    cache size : 4096 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 2
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
    constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
    bogomips : 5336.87
    clflush size : 64

    processor : 1
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 15
    model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz
    stepping : 11
    cpu MHz : 2000.000
    cache size : 4096 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 2
    core id : 1
    cpu cores : 2
    fdiv_bug : no
    hlt_bug : no
    f00f_bug : no
    coma_bug : no
    fpu : yes
    fpu_exception : yes
    cpuid level : 10
    wp : yes
    flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
    mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm
    constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
    bogomips : 5333.32
    clflush size : 64

  7. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    On Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:23:43 +0200, Casperius wrote:

    > this is from core 2 duo listing, for both cores
    >
    > processor : 0
    > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > cpu family : 6
    > model : 15
    > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

    snip rest

    I got
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 15
    model : 4
    model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
    stepping : 7
    cpu cores : 2

    It looks as though the model info is not in itself a reliable indication
    of i686 capability, assuming /proc/cpuinfo got it right.

  8. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    graham wrote:
    > I got
    > processor : 0
    > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > cpu family : 15
    > model : 4
    > model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
    > stepping : 7
    > cpu cores : 2

    I got
    processor : 0
    vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    cpu family : 6
    model : 23
    model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
    stepping : 7
    cpu MHz : 2003.000
    cache size : 6144 KB
    physical id : 0
    siblings : 4
    core id : 0
    cpu cores : 4

    houghi
    | Artist : Eagles
    | Song : Desperado
    | Album : Eagles Greatest Hits

  9. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 09:59:01 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > I got
    > processor : 0
    > vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    > cpu family : 6
    > model : 23
    > model name : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
    > stepping : 7
    > cpu MHz : 2003.000
    > cache size : 6144 KB
    > physical id : 0
    > siblings : 4
    > core id : 0
    > cpu cores : 4
    >

    > houghi

    Why are you running the processor at 2.00GHz when the cpu is a 2.83GHz
    model?

  10. Re: Problem installing gnupg-pkcs11-scd-0.06

    graham wrote:
    > Why are you running the processor at 2.00GHz when the cpu is a 2.83GHz
    > model?

    I have no idea. I just put in the hardware and turned it on. I am not
    going to touch anything before I know what I am doing.

    houghi
    | Artist : 4 Promille
    | Song : bullen und schweine
    | Album : Im Naechsten leben