k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported" ??? - Suse

This is a discussion on k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported" ??? - Suse ; Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's worth of files to a DVD-R w. Sony burner... openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!) BugLog ends with: Total translation table size: 0 Total rockridge attributes bytes: 2922383 Total directory bytes: 9924608 Path ...

  1. k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported" ???

    Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's
    worth of files to a DVD-R w. Sony burner...

    openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!)

    BugLog ends with:

    Total translation table size: 0
    Total rockridge attributes bytes: 2922383
    Total directory bytes: 9924608
    Path table size(bytes): 50390
    Max brk space used 1b62000
    1833387 extents written (3580 MB)

    mkisofs calculate size command:
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/X11/genisoimage -gui -graft-points -print-size
    -quiet -volid 4laps -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR
    (C) 1998-2006 SEBASTIAN TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher
    -preparer -sysid LINUX -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1
    -sort /tmp/kde-bozo/k3biGzMkb.tmp -rational-rock -hide-list
    /tmp/kde-bozo/k3bC0isFb.tmp -joliet -joliet-long -hide-joliet-list
    /tmp/kde-bozo/k3bM3O7Va.tmp -disable-deep-relocation
    -iso-level 2 -path-list /tmp/kde-x/k3beiCIpb.tmp

    mkisofs command:
    -----------------------
    /usr/bin/X11/genisoimage -gui -graft-points -volid 4laps
    -volset -appid K3B THE CD KREATOR (C) 1998-2006 SEBASTIAN
    TRUEG AND THE K3B TEAM -publisher -preparer -sysid LINUX
    -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -sort /tmp/kde-bozo/k3bMDbVZb.tmp
    -rational-rock -hide-list /tmp/kde-x/k3bbkSRdc.tmp
    -joliet -joliet-long -hide-joliet-list /tmp/kde-x/k3bByhOJa.tmp
    -disable-deep-relocation -iso-level 2 -path-list
    /tmp/kde-x/k3bPmLW6b.tmp

  2. Re: k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported"???

    tinkering@no.net wrote:

    > Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's worth of files to a
    > DVD-R w. Sony burner...
    >
    > openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!)

    I can't do anything with the data below, but that sounds like the same
    problem I had (have). Basically, even once I'd figured out how to run a
    firmware update on my Suse 10.3, my NEC burner still didn't burn some
    DVD-Rs (Sony Accucore and some electronics chain's "own" brand -
    probably both the same anyway).

    At the end of the day, I took the blank DVDs back to the shop and bought
    TDKs. They work no problem. (This episode, which took me about two weeks
    to figure out what was what, taught me to keep the receipts of DVD
    purchases...)

    What DVDs are you using?

    Luca
    --
    "**** CIA, Guardia Civil trying to kill me"
    http://tinyurl.com/34pxb8

  3. Re: k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported"???

    Luca wrote:
    > tinkering@no.net wrote:
    >>
    >> Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's worth of files to a
    >> DVD-R w. Sony burner...
    >>
    >> openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!)

    > I can't do anything with the data below, but that sounds like the same
    > problem I had (have). Basically, even once I'd figured out how to run a
    > firmware update on my Suse 10.3, my NEC burner still didn't burn some
    > DVD-Rs (Sony Accucore and some electronics chain's "own" brand -
    > probably both the same anyway).
    >
    > At the end of the day, I took the blank DVDs back to the shop and bought
    > TDKs. They work no problem. (This episode, which took me about two weeks
    > to figure out what was what, taught me to keep the receipts of DVD
    > purchases...)
    >
    > What DVDs are you using?
    >
    > Luca

    I never use -R's, this is for someone else and they're Memorex but
    k3b does the same thing trying to create an image on disk, or just
    simulating. It recognizes them as -R's, it says so on the tab.

  4. Re: k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R): ":-( media not formatted or unsupported"???

    tinkering@no.net wrote:
    > Luca wrote:
    >> tinkering@no.net wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's worth of files to a
    >>> DVD-R w. Sony burner...
    >>>
    >>> openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!)

    >> I can't do anything with the data below, but that sounds like the same
    >> problem I had (have). Basically, even once I'd figured out how to run
    >> a firmware update on my Suse 10.3, my NEC burner still didn't burn
    >> some DVD-Rs (Sony Accucore and some electronics chain's "own" brand -
    >> probably both the same anyway).
    >>
    >> At the end of the day, I took the blank DVDs back to the shop and
    >> bought TDKs. They work no problem. (This episode, which took me about
    >> two weeks to figure out what was what, taught me to keep the receipts
    >> of DVD purchases...)
    >>
    >> What DVDs are you using?
    >>
    >> Luca

    > I never use -R's, this is for someone else and they're Memorex but
    > k3b does the same thing trying to create an image on disk, or just
    > simulating. It recognizes them as -R's, it says so on the tab.

    It's been my experience that some disks even though they be the right
    kind, just don't burn. A different program may work, but it's something
    with the disks not the programs IMHO. I don't think you can even
    simulate without a valid medium. But you could reinstall K3b to make
    sure you haven't any troubles there.

  5. Re: k3b-1.0.4 (DVD-R) RESOLVED: (media not formatted or unsupported)

    Luca wrote:
    > tinkering@no.net wrote:
    >>
    >> Can't get it to burn, simulate, or image 3.5 gb's worth of files to a
    >> DVD-R w. Sony burner...
    >>
    >> openSuse-10.3-64bit ("open Suseme"?!)

    > I can't do anything with the data below, but that sounds like the same
    > problem I had (have). Basically, even once I'd figured out how to run a
    > firmware update on my Suse 10.3, my NEC burner still didn't burn some
    > DVD-Rs (Sony Accucore and some electronics chain's "own" brand -
    > probably both the same anyway).
    >
    > At the end of the day, I took the blank DVDs back to the shop and bought
    > TDKs. They work no problem. (This episode, which took me about two weeks
    > to figure out what was what, taught me to keep the receipts of DVD
    > purchases...)
    >
    > What DVDs are you using?

    It was a firmware upgrade my Sony-710A was in need of ..since 2005.
    It had gone unnoticed cause I never used -R's. Not he least bit
    impressed BTW with their idea that a firmware upgrade can only be
    done via windows.

    Hard to keep up with things nowadays, as they too will have to learn :-)

+ Reply to Thread