Greetings. I have installed two days ago new KDE and now I want to
enable desktop effects. It worked fine with beta 2 however not with
final release. In xorg.conf I have AIGLX, composite and damage enabled.
In logs there are no errors and warnings about it.
In system settings I can enable desktop effects however if I do it
screen will become completely black and freeze or (if I am lucky) will
return to the previous state (effects disabled), or at least it will
freeze until 10 seconds are passed so effects will be disabled
automatically. In addition I use radeon not fglrx driver and
acceleration works fine. Has anyone solved this thing? I searched for it
via Google and usenet but nothing helped. It is all the same.

alter