konqueror to remember my view - Suse

This is a discussion on konqueror to remember my view - Suse ; Ho can I get konqueror to remember that I prefer to see the files in 'detailed' view, once I leave konqueror and start it again? It seems that my window size is remembered (probably by kde). thanks Toby...

  1. konqueror to remember my view

    Ho can I get konqueror to remember that I prefer to see the files in 'detailed'
    view, once I leave konqueror and start it again? It seems that my window size is
    remembered (probably by kde).

    thanks Toby

  2. Re: konqueror to remember my view

    toby989@hotpop.com wrote:

    > Ho can I get konqueror to remember that I prefer to see the files in
    > 'detailed' view, once I leave konqueror and start it again? It seems that
    > my window size is remembered (probably by kde).
    >
    > thanks Toby

    While in konqueror with detailed view selected go to:

    -> Settings -> Save View Profile "Web Browsing"
    Make sure "Web Browsing" is highlighted in the pop up window and click
    on 'Save' at the bottom left.

    Next time you start konqueror in web browser mode 'detailed view' should be
    the default viewing mode.

  3. Re: konqueror to remember my view

    Michael Soibelman wrote:

    > Make sure "Web Browsing" is highlighted in the pop up window and click
    > on 'Save' at the bottom left.

    Surely he'd want to make sure "File Management" is highlighted in the pop up
    window.

    > Next time you start konqueror in web browser mode 'detailed view' should
    > be the default viewing mode.

    To give a detailed view of what? A web page? Surely the 'detailed view' he
    wants is of his files.

    Toby: If I were you I'd click Settings, Load View Profile, File Management,
    set it up the way you want including your 'detailed view' setting, then
    save the File Management Profile.

    Of if you know you're using a different profile, say Midnight Commander or a
    custom profile, then save that one. In fact, just clicking Settings should
    show you a 'Save View Profile ""' option, where
    is the actual name of the currently loaded View Profile. If
    you click that option, then whenever you run konqueror in the same way
    (clicking an icon or selecting it from the KDE menu) you should get the
    same View Profile that you've saved.

    So if you click the konqueror icon in the KDE menu at Internet, Web Browser,
    Konqueror (Web Browser), konqueror will load the Web Browser View Profile.
    If you run it by clicking the icon in the KDE menu at System, File Manager,
    Konqueror (File Manager), or File Manager - Super User Mode, it will load
    the File Manage View Profile.

    You can set Konqueror up in whatever way you like for any particular job,
    then save its present state as a named View Profile. You can then run it
    from the Alt-F2 Run Command box as "konqueror --profile ". Or
    you can set up a desktop icon for it: right-click the desktop, click Create
    New, Link to Application, give it whatever name you like, click the gear
    wheel icon and select the Konqueror icon from the Applications icon list,
    then click the Application tab and enter "konqueror --profile
    " in the Command field. Click OK to create the new icon.

    If you've created a desktop icon in this way, you can drag it into the Quick
    Launch area to the right of the K icon (or Geecko icon if you have that
    instead).

    Hope this is useful.

    --
    Garry Knight
    garryknight@gmx.net

  4. Re: konqueror to remember my view

    Garry Knight wrote:
    > Michael Soibelman wrote:
    >
    >> Make sure "Web Browsing" is highlighted in the pop up window and click
    >> on 'Save' at the bottom left.

    > Surely he'd want to make sure "File Management" is highlighted in the pop up
    > window.
    >
    >> Next time you start konqueror in web browser mode 'detailed view' should
    >> be the default viewing mode.

    > To give a detailed view of what? A web page? Surely the 'detailed view' he
    > wants is of his files.

    Thanks, both of you. Yes, I was using the 'file management' thing.

    > Toby: If I were you I'd click Settings, Load View Profile, File Management,
    > set it up the way you want including your 'detailed view' setting, then
    > save the File Management Profile.
    >
    > Of if you know you're using a different profile, say Midnight Commander or a
    > custom profile, then save that one. In fact, just clicking Settings should
    > show you a 'Save View Profile ""' option, where
    > is the actual name of the currently loaded View Profile. If
    > you click that option, then whenever you run konqueror in the same way
    > (clicking an icon or selecting it from the KDE menu) you should get the
    > same View Profile that you've saved.
    >
    > So if you click the konqueror icon in the KDE menu at Internet, Web Browser,
    > Konqueror (Web Browser), konqueror will load the Web Browser View Profile.
    > If you run it by clicking the icon in the KDE menu at System, File Manager,
    > Konqueror (File Manager), or File Manager - Super User Mode, it will load
    > the File Manage View Profile.
    >
    > You can set Konqueror up in whatever way you like for any particular job,
    > then save its present state as a named View Profile. You can then run it
    > from the Alt-F2 Run Command box as "konqueror --profile ". Or
    > you can set up a desktop icon for it: right-click the desktop, click Create
    > New, Link to Application, give it whatever name you like, click the gear
    > wheel icon and select the Konqueror icon from the Applications icon list,
    > then click the Application tab and enter "konqueror --profile
    > " in the Command field. Click OK to create the new icon.
    >
    > If you've created a desktop icon in this way, you can drag it into the Quick
    > Launch area to the right of the K icon (or Geecko icon if you have that
    > instead).
    >
    > Hope this is useful.

+ Reply to Thread