Update problem.. - Suse

This is a discussion on Update problem.. - Suse ; Just doing my first updates for my installation when, after a long time 'resolving dependencies' I get the following error - what does it mean and what do I do to cure it? Transaction failed: Resolvable zypper 4443-0 ( http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2 ...

  1. Update problem..

    Just doing my first updates for my installation when, after a long
    time 'resolving dependencies' I get the following error - what does it mean
    and what do I do to cure it?

    Transaction failed: Resolvable zypper 4443-0
    (http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2) not found.

  2. Re: Update problem..

    On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Humbug wrote:-

    >Just doing my first updates for my installation when, after a long
    >time 'resolving dependencies' I get the following error - what does it mean
    >and what do I do to cure it?
    >
    >Transaction failed: Resolvable zypper 4443-0
    >(http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2) not found.

    It means it can't find the patch file. Try forcing a refresh using the
    command:

    zypper ref

    or, if you're curious to see what's going on:

    zypper -v ref

    and then performing the update again.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit | openSUSE 11.0a0

  3. Re: Update problem..

    David Bolt wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Humbug wrote:-
    >
    >>Just doing my first updates for my installation when, after a long
    >>time 'resolving dependencies' I get the following error - what does it
    >>mean and what do I do to cure it?
    >>
    >>Transaction failed: Resolvable zypper 4443-0
    >>(http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/suse/update/10.2) not found.

    > It means it can't find the patch file. Try forcing a refresh using the
    > command:
    >
    > zypper ref
    >
    > or, if you're curious to see what's going on:
    >
    > zypper -v ref
    >
    > and then performing the update again.
    >

    > Regards,
    > David Bolt