How to enable ssi in 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on How to enable ssi in 10.3 - Suse ; My first attempts to try ssi stuff on my server. The documents and .htaccess file are in /srv/www/htdocs/ I've done these things: Mod include is installed and enabled ..htaccess contents: Options +Includes AddType text/html .shtml AddHandler server-parsed .shtml AddType application/x-httpd-php ...

  1. How to enable ssi in 10.3

    My first attempts to try ssi stuff on my server.

    The documents and .htaccess file are in /srv/www/htdocs/

    I've done these things:

    Mod include is installed and enabled

    ..htaccess contents:

    Options +Includes
    AddType text/html .shtml
    AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

    What else needs to be done?

    I have tried among others these files:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/header.shtml:

    http://waxborg.servepics.com/testfile.shtml

    Today's date is:

    Should those pages above work if ssi works?

    I have also ebabled Php, seems to work somehow, hello.php:

    PHP Test

    Hello World

    '; ?>

    My problem is that I don't know much about the code on pages or Apache

    Vahis
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

  2. Re: How to enable ssi in 10.3

    On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:29:43 +0000, Vahis wrote:

    > My first attempts to try ssi stuff on my server.
    >
    > The documents and .htaccess file are in /srv/www/htdocs/
    >
    > I've done these things:
    >
    > Mod include is installed and enabled
    >
    > .htaccess contents:
    >
    > Options +Includes
    > AddType text/html .shtml
    > AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
    > AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

    The AllowOverride directive has probably not been specified to allow
    ..htacces for this directory. It's use is
    discouraged
    (See:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html).

    You should specify this in the configuration file for this directory:

    Options +Include

    --
    Dennis Golden
    Golden Consulting Services

  3. Re: How to enable ssi in 10.3

    On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 20:08:05 +0000, Dennis Golden wrote:

    > On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:29:43 +0000, Vahis wrote:
    >
    >> My first attempts to try ssi stuff on my server.
    >>
    >> The documents and .htaccess file are in /srv/www/htdocs/
    >>
    >> I've done these things:
    >>
    >> Mod include is installed and enabled
    >>
    >> .htaccess contents:
    >>
    >> Options +Includes
    >> AddType text/html .shtml
    >> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
    >> AddType application/x-httpd-php .htm .html

    > The AllowOverride directive has probably not been specified to allow
    > .htacces for this directory. It's use is
    > discouraged
    > (See:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html).
    >
    > You should specify this in the configuration file for this directory:
    >
    > Options +Include
    >>/Directory>

    That last line should be:

    --
    Dennis Golden
    Golden Consulting Services
    Change 'invalid' to 'com' to reply by email.

  4. Re: How to enable ssi in 10.3

    On 2008-01-10, Dennis Golden wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 18:29:43 +0000, Vahis wrote:
    >
    >> My first attempts to try ssi stuff on my server.
    >>

    > The AllowOverride directive has probably not been specified to allow
    > .htacces for this directory. It's use is
    > discouraged
    > (See:http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/howto/htaccess.html).
    >
    > You should specify this in the configuration file for this directory:
    >
    > Options +Include
    >>/Directory>

    Thanks for your reply

    Using SSI and trying to make pages show correctly...

    I'm almost wishing I'd never started this

    Can you explain this:

    I have this bit on my page
    http://waxborg.servepics.com

    Vahis

    When the page gets accessed directly, it'll show like

    Sunday, 13-Jan-2008 07:27:37 EET (this format is not correct)

    If you then come to the page via a link, it'll show

    13.01.2008 07:27:37

    This time the format is correct.

    On the English page I have

    and that shows the page as it should, which is
    Sun Jan 13 07:40:58 2008

    Vahis
    --
    "The only thing more expensive than training is the lack of it"
    Henry Ford

+ Reply to Thread