Problem with windows printer server - Suse

This is a discussion on Problem with windows printer server - Suse ; Hi all, I would like to find some help about the problem that i'm facing currently.i have some clients that are running linux suse 10.3 and some windows xp. the problem arise when suse want to print using the printer ...

  1. Problem with windows printer server

    Hi all,

    I would like to find some help about the problem that i'm facing
    currently.i have some clients that are running linux suse 10.3 and
    some windows xp.

    the problem arise when suse want to print using the printer server,
    which is using windows xp. it said something aboout "over....." i
    forgot the detail.

    i wish that there is somebody that able to give me solution over this
    problem.

    best regards,

    taz

  2. Re: Problem with windows printer server

    Tazlambert a écrit :
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I would like to find some help about the problem that i'm facing
    > currently.i have some clients that are running linux suse 10.3 and
    > some windows xp.
    >
    > the problem arise when suse want to print using the printer server,
    > which is using windows xp. it said something aboout "over....." i
    > forgot the detail.
    >
    > i wish that there is somebody that able to give me solution over this
    > problem.
    >
    > best regards,
    >

    > taz

    Hi Taz,

    What You need is Samba client in the Yast2 configurating package.You
    will find it under Network services then under "appartenance au domaine
    Windows" I have a french version and I don't know the correct translation.

    Claude

  3. Re: Problem with windows printer server

    Or configure the XP box to accept LPD printing. In the "Unix Services"
    section of CP Add/Remove Windows components. The SuSE URI in your CUPS
    client will be something like;

    lpd://WXPMACHINENAME/printersharename

    For the reverse problem (Windows printing to a Unix box) configure
    CUPS to accept port 631 connections from Windows clients. (Usually only
    a matter of modifying /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to allow local subnet access)
    Commonly called "Internet network printing" On a WXP box. You add the
    printer URL something like;

    http:/fully.qualifieddomain.name:631/printers/printername

    Don't forget to adjust WXP and Unix firewalls accordingly.

    Cheers Bob

    claude reckinger wrote:

    > What You need is Samba client in the Yast2 configurating package.You
    > will find it under Network services then under "appartenance au domaine
    > Windows" I have a french version and I don't know the correct translation.

+ Reply to Thread