1-click install for nvidia drivers not working - Suse

This is a discussion on 1-click install for nvidia drivers not working - Suse ; the rpms on ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.3/x86_64 did get updated today 21.12.2007, but they dont work when i had a fresh install of suse64 10.3. the error that i got was that dependencies are missing: 3ddiag,glibc,18 more. however I checked and I had ...

  1. 1-click install for nvidia drivers not working

    the rpms on ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.3/x86_64 did get updated today
    21.12.2007, but they dont work when i had a fresh install of suse64 10.3. the
    error that i got was that dependencies are missing: 3ddiag,glibc,18 more.
    however I checked and I had intalled them, or were available. I think the error
    with these new files is that they dont recognize that the dependent files are
    available, because 2 days ago, everything went fine; same clean install.

  2. Re: 1-click install for nvidia drivers not working

    toby989@hotpop.com wrote:

    > the rpms on ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.3/x86_64 did get updated
    > today 21.12.2007, but they dont work when i had a fresh install of suse64
    > 10.3. the error that i got was that dependencies are missing:
    > 3ddiag,glibc,18 more. however I checked and I had intalled them, or were
    > available. I think the error with these new files is that they dont
    > recognize that the dependent files are available, because 2 days ago,
    > everything went fine; same clean install.

    that's why i don't like closed drivers ;-)
    the rpm's are from nvidia.......
    try to work allways with (open) rpm's from openSUSE
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  3. Re: 1-click install for nvidia drivers not working

    Le Sat, 22 Dec 2007 03:48:32 -0800, toby989 a √©crit¬*:

    > the rpms on ftp://download.nvidia.com/opensuse/10.3/x86_64 did get
    > updated today 21.12.2007, but they dont work when i had a fresh install
    > of suse64 10.3. the error that i got was that dependencies are missing:
    > 3ddiag,glibc,18 more. however I checked and I had intalled them, or were
    > available. I think the error with these new files is that they dont
    > recognize that the dependent files are available, because 2 days ago,
    > everything went fine; same clean install.

    by my side I had lost of issues with NVIDIA drivers get from SuSE
    repository; thus I get the last one in NVIDIA website and install it in
    command line mode. Do not forget to install first kernel sources etc ...

    Finally, I encountered a strange overlay issue during the use of windows
    soft within WINE ( whan I used XINE engine), I solve the issue (in
    Kaffeine & VLC) by using XSHM driver in XINE engine.

+ Reply to Thread