Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3? - Suse

This is a discussion on Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3? - Suse ; Why isn't tomcat55-admin-webapps on the 10.3 DVD iso whereas it is listed on the website under http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...10.3/standard/ ? Without this package, you really can't troubleshoot or check your tomcat installation, as the admin page will be a blank page without ...

  1. Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3?

    ?

    Without this package, you really can't troubleshoot or check your
    tomcat installation, as the admin page will be a blank page without
    any errors thrown in the logs...Technically correct, because there are
    no errors, but every piece of tomcat documentation (especially the
    readme's installed with the tomcat55 package, which does reside on the
    iso), will tell you that this is the first page you need to visit to
    see if the installation was correct - and that page doesn't work,
    because it ain't there in the first place....

  2. Re: Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3?

    TwelveEighty wrote:

    > Why isn't tomcat55-admin-webapps on the 10.3 DVD iso whereas it is
    > listed on the website under http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...10.3/standard/
    > ?

    There is a finite amount of space on any given disk. So not all that can
    go on the FTP site can go on the DVD.

    As those repositoeries are added after installation, the software is
    available with YaST. If not, by using the 1-click instalation button, it
    will give you the option to add that repository for the future.

    houghi
    --
    They say pesticides have been linked to low sperm counts.
    In my opinion if you have bugs down there that are so bad

  3. Re: Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3?

    houghi wrote:
    > TwelveEighty wrote:
    >>
    >> Why isn't tomcat55-admin-webapps on the 10.3 DVD iso whereas it is
    >> listed on the website under http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...10.3/standard/
    >> ?

    > There is a finite amount of space on any given disk. So not all that can
    > go on the FTP site can go on the DVD.

    To be exact: the "OSS" repo for 10.3 is about 12.5 GB. There is no
    DVD reader yet that can handle that much (the OpenSUSE DVD's are
    standard single layer (4.7 GB) ones) and until Blue-Ray DVD becomes
    standard equipment on PC's there won't be for quite a while.
    ** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
    ** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman@tudelft.nl, fax: +31-15-278 7295 **

  4. Re: Where is tomcat55-admin-webapps in 10.3?

    Eef Hartman wrote:
    > To be exact: the "OSS" repo for 10.3 is about 12.5 GB. There is no
    > DVD reader yet that can handle that much (the OpenSUSE DVD's are
    > standard single layer (4.7 GB) ones) and until Blue-Ray DVD becomes
    > standard equipment on PC's there won't be for quite a while.

    12.5G? The complete thing is a bit bigger:
    http://en.opensuse.org/Mirror_Infras...date_Frequency

    10.3 Repo is 51G Repo's (without the home:/ projects) is 133G.
    Probably 12.5 for only 32 or 64 bit and then you still do not have
    everything.

    These are for 10.3. 11.0 will be a bit bigger and obviously you will
    need the home:/ stuff as well, so be ready to get some 250G. Would be
    nice to have that all on floppies. Best format them to contain 1.89MB
    instead of 1.44, because otherwise you would need too many. :-D

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

+ Reply to Thread