10.3 Compiz in Gnome - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 Compiz in Gnome - Suse ; HI all Funny thing happening in 10.3, that is Compiz fusion won't work in Gnome at all even though 3d acceleration is enabled. More odd is that it not only works fine with the KDE desktop it got itself going ...

  1. 10.3 Compiz in Gnome

    HI all

    Funny thing happening in 10.3, that is Compiz fusion won't work in Gnome
    at all even though 3d acceleration is enabled. More odd is that it not
    only works fine with the KDE desktop it got itself going pretty much
    without my knowing it? So what's the deal in Gnome. Am using nvidia 7600
    .. If I manually choose compiz, I loose my window handling parts, and
    decorations. If I then choose ANY other windowmanager I get all the
    handles and decorations appropriate to that manager. But again, only
    Gnome is doing this to me. KDE works well. Any ideas?

  2. Re: 10.3 Compiz in Gnome

    On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:12:48 -0500
    Barnacle Bill the Sailor wrote:

    > HI all
    >
    > Funny thing happening in 10.3, that is Compiz fusion won't work in
    > Gnome at all even though 3d acceleration is enabled. More odd is that
    > it not only works fine with the KDE desktop it got itself going
    > pretty much without my knowing it? So what's the deal in Gnome. Am
    > using nvidia 7600 . If I manually choose compiz, I loose my window
    > handling parts, and decorations. If I then choose ANY other
    > windowmanager I get all the handles and decorations appropriate to
    > that manager. But again, only Gnome is doing this to me. KDE works
    > well. Any ideas?

    Hi
    Check your setup against the Configuration section?
    http://en.opensuse.org/Compiz_Fusion

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    up 4 days 2:10, 1 user, load average: 0.22, 0.17, 0.08

  3. Re: 10.3 Compiz in Gnome

    Hello:
    compiz works in KDE menus... but it is unreliable: the task ba
    disappears etc...
    To me compiz, is a nice "gadget": fun but useless, so (reluctantly
    though) I removed it.
    My system is OpenSuse 110.3 x86-64
    --
    Barnacle Bill the Sailor wrote:
    > HI all
    >
    > Funny thing happening in 10.3, that is Compiz fusion won't work in Gnome
    > at all even though 3d acceleration is enabled. More odd is that it not
    > only works fine with the KDE desktop it got itself going pretty much
    > without my knowing it? So what's the deal in Gnome. Am using nvidia 7600
    > . If I manually choose compiz, I loose my window handling parts, and
    > decorations. If I then choose ANY other windowmanager I get all the
    > handles and decorations appropriate to that manager. But again, only
    > Gnome is doing this to me. KDE works well. Any ideas?

  4. Re: 10.3 Compiz in Gnome

    Abbe Sait wrote:
    > Hello:
    > compiz works in KDE menus... but it is unreliable: the task ba
    > disappears etc...
    > To me compiz, is a nice "gadget": fun but useless, so (reluctantly
    > though) I removed it.
    > My system is OpenSuse 110.3 x86-64
    > --
    > Barnacle Bill the Sailor wrote:
    >> HI all
    >>
    >> Funny thing happening in 10.3, that is Compiz fusion won't work in Gnome
    >> at all even though 3d acceleration is enabled. More odd is that it not
    >> only works fine with the KDE desktop it got itself going pretty much
    >> without my knowing it? So what's the deal in Gnome. Am using nvidia 7600
    >> . If I manually choose compiz, I loose my window handling parts, and
    >> decorations. If I then choose ANY other windowmanager I get all the
    >> handles and decorations appropriate to that manager. But again, only
    >> Gnome is doing this to me. KDE works well. Any ideas?

    Yeah I see the warnings that it's yet experimental. But getting it to
    work reliably is what sees it from gadget to goodie. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread