KDE problem: moving cursor to desktop borders switches desktop - Suse

This is a discussion on KDE problem: moving cursor to desktop borders switches desktop - Suse ; Hello everyone! Subj happened after switching back from compiz. This is very disturbing because I use the auto-hide option for the taskbar. I tried to limit the number of desktops to 1. Now, when I move the cursor to desktop ...

  1. KDE problem: moving cursor to desktop borders switches desktop

    Hello everyone!

    Subj happened after switching back from compiz.

    This is very disturbing because I use the auto-hide option for the
    taskbar.

    I tried to limit the number of desktops to 1.
    Now, when I move the cursor to desktop borders, the cursor becomes an
    arrow, pointing to the direction of the border. (Let's call it arrow-
    error)

    Taskbar's auto-hide feature is still not usable, because moving the
    cursor to the bottom displays that arrow-error. It displays the
    taskbar only after moving the cursor left-and-right a little.

    Killing kdesktop and kicker doesn't help. Only when I kill kwin, the
    arrow-error is gone.

    I am using opensuse 10.3 (with all updates) and the latest stable KDE
    from repo.

    Please help!

    Thanks in advice!

  2. Re: KDE problem: moving cursor to desktop borders switches desktop

    linuxadmin@yandex.ru wrote:

    > Hello everyone!
    >
    > Subj happened after switching back from compiz.
    >
    > This is very disturbing because I use the auto-hide option for the
    > taskbar.
    >
    > I tried to limit the number of desktops to 1.
    > Now, when I move the cursor to desktop borders, the cursor becomes an
    > arrow, pointing to the direction of the border. (Let's call it arrow-
    > error)

    This sounds something like active borders.
    Check under

    Personal Settings -> Desktop - > Window Behavior -> Advanced Tab

    and disable active desktop borders (if they are enabled)

    --
    Don

  3. Re: KDE problem: moving cursor to desktop borders switches desktop

    On Nov 27, 10:35 pm, Don Raboud wrote:
    > linuxad...@yandex.ru wrote:
    > > Hello everyone!

    > > Subj happened after switching back from compiz.

    > > This is very disturbing because I use the auto-hide option for the
    > > taskbar.

    > > I tried to limit the number of desktops to 1.
    > > Now, when I move the cursor to desktop borders, the cursor becomes an
    > > arrow, pointing to the direction of the border. (Let's call it arrow-
    > > error)

    > This sounds something like active borders.
    > Check under
    >
    > Personal Settings -> Desktop - > Window Behavior -> Advanced Tab
    >
    > and disable active desktop borders (if they are enabled)
    >
    > --
    > Don

    Thank you very much! Finally I got rid of those way-too-active
    borders!

    I'm asking myself why it was modified after disabling compiz...

+ Reply to Thread