deleting off vfat partions - Suse

This is a discussion on deleting off vfat partions - Suse ; I keep all my downloaded files on two vfat partions I like to share with windows and when ever I delete anything large on either it seems to copy the files to the trash on / somewhere. what I would ...

  1. deleting off vfat partions

    I keep all my downloaded files on two vfat partions I like to share with
    windows and when ever I delete anything large on either it seems to copy
    the files to the trash on / somewhere. what I would like to know is, is
    there a way i can get it to just straight up delete the files?

    thanks
    Mike
    --
    Running SuSE 10.0 KDE 3.4.2 x86_64

  2. Re: deleting off vfat partions

    Mike wrote:
    > I keep all my downloaded files on two vfat partions I like to share with
    > windows and when ever I delete anything large on either it seems to copy
    > the files to the trash on / somewhere. what I would like to know is, is
    > there a way i can get it to just straight up delete the files?

    SHIFT+DEL

  3. Re: deleting off vfat partions

    On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:12:10 -0500, Mike wrote:

    > I keep all my downloaded files on two vfat partions I like to share with
    > windows and when ever I delete anything large on either it seems to copy
    > the files to the trash on / somewhere. what I would like to know is, is
    > there a way i can get it to just straight up delete the files?
    >
    > thanks
    > Mike

    rm

  4. Re: deleting off vfat partions

    Mike in :

    > what I would like to know is, is
    > there a way i can get it to just straight up delete the files?

    Open the personal settings, choose file manager, tab behavior and
    select "show 'delete' context menu entries which bypass the trashcan".
    Then you can delete selected files in the kde-filemanager straightaway.

    P.

    --
    mailtoeter@dharma.dyndns.info

+ Reply to Thread