Anyone using Tomcat on 10.3 ? - Suse

This is a discussion on Anyone using Tomcat on 10.3 ? - Suse ; If anyone is using Tomcat on 10.3 please let me know. I am having trouble getting it to start with the Yast runlevel editor yet I can start it with the 'startup.sh' command in /srv/www/tomcat55/base/bin. I think this has something ...

  1. Anyone using Tomcat on 10.3 ?

    If anyone is using Tomcat on 10.3 please let me know. I am having trouble
    getting it to start with the Yast runlevel editor yet I can start it with
    the 'startup.sh' command in /srv/www/tomcat55/base/bin. I think this has
    something to do with the java_home variable and I'm wondering what setup
    someone might have to get this application server working RELIABLY !

    Once I get things sorted out I can then try to get a web app to run using
    this web server..

    Thanks for any suggestions or articles, howto's, etc..

  2. Re: Anyone using Tomcat on 10.3 ?

    Michael Soibelman wrote:
    > If anyone is using Tomcat on 10.3 please let me know. I am having trouble
    > getting it to start with the Yast runlevel editor yet I can start it with
    > the 'startup.sh' command in /srv/www/tomcat55/base/bin. I think this has
    > something to do with the java_home variable and I'm wondering what setup
    > someone might have to get this application server working RELIABLY !
    >
    > Once I get things sorted out I can then try to get a web app to run using
    > this web server..
    >
    > Thanks for any suggestions or articles, howto's, etc..

    Look in /etc/rc.d what and if there is a script that does what you need
    to do. If not, make your own. There are examples there. If you are not
    good in scripting just do the following.

    1) Make a script that starts what you need. e.g.
    #!/bin/bash
    /srv/www/tomcat55/base/bin/startup.sh [parameters]
    2) Make a script that shuts down the application. e.g.
    #!/bin/bash
    /srv/www/tomcat55/base/bin/shutdown.sh [parameters]

    put them in /etc/rc.d and do a `chmod +x` on them.

    Next put a symlink to the startup script in e.g. rc5.d with the name
    S99tomcat and a symlink to the shutdown script with K05tomcat

    That should do the trick.

    If there is a script there, try running it. Most likely it will be
    something like `rctomcat start` and see what happens.

    houghi
    --
    I do not want life insurance.
    I want all people to be genuinely grieving when I die.

    houghi

+ Reply to Thread