Beagle - Suse

This is a discussion on Beagle - Suse ; There was another thread about Beagle which got me curious about it. I opened the search thing down in the kicker, and entered: hat form It returned tons of hits, including the word "what" on a Linux Journal web page. ...

  1. Beagle

    There was another thread about Beagle which got me curious about it. I
    opened the search thing down in the kicker, and entered: hat form

    It returned tons of hits, including the word "what" on a Linux Journal
    web page. Apparently it did a Boolean search for the substring hat or
    form. Not what I was looking for.

    Then I tried "hat form" (added quotes) and it turned up no results. I
    do have text files with that phrase in it. Beagle is configured to
    search my home directory - does that not include subdirectories? The
    files are several levels deep under my home directory.

    Or does it not index text files - just office files and web pages and
    the like?

    Thanks...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

  2. Re: Beagle

    "Kevin Miller" wrote in message
    > There was another thread about Beagle which got me curious about it. I
    > opened the search thing down in the kicker, and entered: hat form
    >
    > It returned tons of hits, including the word "what" on a Linux Journal
    > web page. Apparently it did a Boolean search for the substring hat or
    > form. Not what I was looking for.
    >
    > Then I tried "hat form" (added quotes) and it turned up no results. I
    > do have text files with that phrase in it. Beagle is configured to
    > search my home directory - does that not include subdirectories? The
    > files are several levels deep under my home directory.

    Did you try "hat" "form" ?

+ Reply to Thread