Beagle ate my machine... - Suse

This is a discussion on Beagle ate my machine... - Suse ; Paul J Gans in : > There's no beagle here either. *Package management complained > a bit but finally did my bidding. Removing the Beagle packages should not give any dependency problems. I did not found any here (10.2). root@dharma:~:0>smart ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Beagle ate my machine...

    Paul J Gans in :

    > There's no beagle here either. *Package management complained
    > a bit but finally did my bidding.

    Removing the Beagle packages should not give any dependency problems.
    I did not found any here (10.2).

    root@dharma:~:0>smart check
    Updating cache... ########################################
    [100%]

    Saving cache...

    root@dharma:~:0>
    (zero is the exit value of the shell)

    P.

    --
    mailtoeter@dharma.dyndns.info

  2. Re: Beagle ate my machine...

    Peter Terpstra wrote:

    > Paul J Gans in :
    >

    >> There's no beagle here either. *Package management complained
    >> a bit but finally did my bidding.

    > Removing the Beagle packages should not give any dependency problems.
    > I did not found any here (10.2).
    >

    > root@dharma:~:0>smart check
    > Updating cache... ########################################
    > [100%]
    >
    > Saving cache...
    >
    > root@dharma:~:0>
    > (zero is the exit value of the shell)
    >
    > P.

    It actually depends upon what applications one has installed. Beagle
    complained for me too. Most programs affected were Gnome programs. If I
    am not mistaken Totem complains although if one is running KDE Totem is not
    essential.

    Dependancy problems are most likely occur the more repositories one has
    installed. If not careful, cutting edge, non stabilized applications might
    be loaded and some of them add weird dependencies where they are not
    necessary.

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  3. Re: Beagle ate my machine...

    Peter Terpstra wrote:
    >Paul J Gans in :

    >> There's no beagle here either. *Package management complained
    >> a bit but finally did my bidding.

    >Removing the Beagle packages should not give any dependency problems.
    >I did not found any here (10.2).

    When removing "beagle" via the package manager there were,
    IIRC, five dependencies. Among these were "kerry", and
    "firefox-beagle" and a few others.

    They all went the way of beagle and now all is calm on the
    CPU front.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  4. Re: Beagle ate my machine...

    Paul J Gans wrote:
    > Peter Terpstra wrote:
    >> Paul J Gans in :

    >>> There's no beagle here either. Package management complained
    >>> a bit but finally did my bidding.

    >> Removing the Beagle packages should not give any dependency problems.
    >> I did not found any here (10.2).

    > When removing "beagle" via the package manager there were,
    > IIRC, five dependencies. Among these were "kerry", and
    > "firefox-beagle" and a few others.
    >
    > They all went the way of beagle and now all is calm on the
    > CPU front.

    I had a few here, but kind of figured out if you uninstall them in the
    right order they all go away ok. i uninstalled all of the application
    that used beagle first then uninstalled beagle, seems like that fixed it.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2