sctp library for OpenSUSE 10.2 - Suse

This is a discussion on sctp library for OpenSUSE 10.2 - Suse ; I needed to use the sctp library for development. But after downloading the RPM package of lksctp from SourceForge (recommended SuSe), it failed to install before of dependency failure and no useful message was given. Has anyone managed to install ...

  1. sctp library for OpenSUSE 10.2

    I needed to use the sctp library for development. But after
    downloading the RPM package of lksctp from SourceForge (recommended
    SuSe), it failed to install before of dependency failure and no useful
    message was given. Has anyone managed to install the lksctp
    development package?

    /Why Tea

  2. Re: sctp library for OpenSUSE 10.2

    Why Tea wrote:

    > I needed to use the sctp library for development. But after
    > downloading the RPM package of lksctp from SourceForge (recommended
    > SuSe), it failed to install before of dependency failure and no useful
    > message was given. Has anyone managed to install the lksctp
    > development package?
    >
    > /Why Tea

    Both lksctp & lksctp-devel installed without a hitch on my 10.3 system.
    When you say 'no useful message was given'.. what does that mean ? Did it
    give some warning about missing dependencies ?

    P.S. Curious, did you also read about sctp in the last couple of issues of
    Linux Journal ? What, if anything, do you intend to use this for ?

    P.S. #2: As there is a src rpm available from the web site, why not try to
    rebuild the source rpm and see what happens. This will create everything
    that the other two rpm's contain (including devel!). If you do
    a 'rpmbuild --rebuild lksctp-tools-1.0.7-1.src.rpm' you will generate two
    (2) files 'lksctp-1.0.7-1.rpm & lksctp-devel-1.0.7-1.rpm'
    in /usr/src/packages/rpm/ . If it fails to rebuild than you most
    certainly will see an error message as to what went wrong.

+ Reply to Thread