Desktop Configure KDE - Suse

This is a discussion on Desktop Configure KDE - Suse ; Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds ...

  1. Desktop Configure KDE

    Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    by now.

  2. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:40:12 -0500 in
    47364d7a$0$9557$4c368faf@roadrunner.com, Broderick Crawford ilililililil
    wrote:

    > Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    > thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    > in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    > minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    > not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    > by now.

    The way it seemed to work to me, I thought the screensaver kicked in
    (after your quoted 25 min), then you wiggled your mouse, hit the keyboard
    or whatever, then the 300 seconds started counting down before you could
    enter your password. So IMO short is good in the second case, no?

    Stephan
    --
    Stephan Bird MChem(Hons) AMRSC
    Currently in Caernarfon, Wales

  3. Re: Desktop Configure KDE

    Stephan Bird wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 19:40:12 -0500 in
    > 47364d7a$0$9557$4c368faf@roadrunner.com, Broderick Crawford ilililililil
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Why is the screen saver setting in minutes and the require password
    >> thing in seconds? What good does it do to have the screen saver kick in
    >> in 25 minutes when the password thing only goes up to 300 seconds or 5
    >> minutes? I go to blank screen for screen saver but the password thing is
    >> not long enough. It's been that way since KDE started. Should be fixed
    >> by now.

    > The way it seemed to work to me, I thought the screensaver kicked in
    > (after your quoted 25 min), then you wiggled your mouse, hit the keyboard
    > or whatever, then the 300 seconds started counting down before you could
    > enter your password. So IMO short is good in the second case, no?
    >
    > Stephan

    It don't work that way. After 300 seconds the screen saver kicks in and
    you need a password to get back in. Never goes to 25 minuets if you use
    a password. It's dumb.

+ Reply to Thread