kded not running - Suse

This is a discussion on kded not running - Suse ; Anyone else having issues with kded? After updating KDE (not sure which package), kded stopped working. Now I need to do kded --check && kded --new-startup every time I log in. Sometimes, kded will stop running and I will have ...

  1. kded not running

    Anyone else having issues with kded? After updating KDE (not sure which
    package), kded stopped working. Now I need to do
    kded --check && kded --new-startup

    every time I log in. Sometimes, kded will stop running and I will have to
    issue the above command again.

    This is happening on several machines.

    Anyone know of a fix?

    Thanks

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: kded not running

    Chris wrote:

    > Anyone else having issues with kded? After updating KDE (not sure which
    > package), kded stopped working. Now I need to do
    > kded --check && kded --new-startup
    >
    > every time I log in. Sometimes, kded will stop running and I will have to
    > issue the above command again.
    >
    > This is happening on several machines.
    >
    > Anyone know of a fix?
    >
    > Thanks

    Oops, forgot to include the version info:

    KDE 3.5.8 release 21.2 in openSUSE 10.2
    Kmail 1.9.6 enterprise

    --
    Chris