OT - posting etiquette - Suse

This is a discussion on OT - posting etiquette - Suse ; In Mark South: [Snip...] > Well, it's admittedly hyperbolic, but not far from what often happens in > here. Apparently, the courtesy of trimming for brevity is beneath some, if their top posting isn't worshipped as gospel. For them, it's ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: OT - posting etiquette

    In <473605d3$1_3@news.bluewin.ch> Mark South:

    [Snip...]

    > Well, it's admittedly hyperbolic, but not far from what often happens in
    > here.

    Apparently, the courtesy of trimming for brevity is beneath some, if their
    top posting isn't worshipped as gospel. For them, it's top post, or bottom
    post the whole phrickin' thread from gitgo. Go figure.

    I've seen it get completely bizarre when a top poster insists interleaving
    requires including all text. Yes, it's been a while, but there you are...

    I don't waste time with either persistent combative top posting or lengthy
    verbatim copiers. Who the heck has time for that rudeness anyway?

    JMO; YMMV...

  2. Re: OT - posting etiquette

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 09:35:43 -0600, Bob Bob
    wrote:

    >Easy
    >
    >One ignores any complaint you receive!

    You're a goddamned retard. That isn't a complaint. That is a reference
    to your parents, boy.

  3. Re: OT - posting etiquette

    On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:56:45 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
    wrote:

    >ChairmanOfTheBored wrote:
    >>On Sat, 10 Nov 2007 04:55:34 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
    >>wrote:

    >>>The internet "standard", such as it is, is bottom posting.

    >> Not true. The "Internet" has plenty of web based forums where this is
    >>not the case.

    >> The proper response is:

    >>"The Usenet standard is bottom posting, in most groups."

    >> Once the poster realizes that there is a difference between Usenet
    >>groups, and online Internet (read web) based chat/bulletin forums, he'll
    >>be better off.

    >I stand by what I wrote. There is an RFC, whose number I have
    >forgotten, laying out what was expected.
    >
    >One could google for it.

    I didn't say that you were wrong, idiot.

    What I did elude to is that interspersing a response to a ten line post
    is more retarded than top posting is.

  4. Re: OT - posting etiquette

    yawn....

    ChairmanOfTheBored wrote: