KTouch compile on Suse Desktop 10 SP1. - Suse

This is a discussion on KTouch compile on Suse Desktop 10 SP1. - Suse ; I am trying to install KTouch on Suse Desktop 10.1(SP1) with KDE 3.5.1 level A". Running "./configure" bombs out with missing prerequisites. Any idea of what of the ./configure config options need to be in this environment. configure: WARNING: libjpeg ...

  1. KTouch compile on Suse Desktop 10 SP1.

    I am trying to install KTouch on Suse Desktop 10.1(SP1) with KDE 3.5.1
    level
    A".

    Running "./configure" bombs out with missing prerequisites. Any idea
    of what
    of the ./configure config options need to be in this environment.

    configure: WARNING: libjpeg not found. disable JPEG support.
    checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
    checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (headers
    and
    libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
    For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    /ktouch-1.6.0-autotoolspatch/ktouch-1
    ..6.0>

    config log..................

    #define kde_socklen_t socklen_t
    2869 #define ksize_t socklen_t
    2870 #endif
    2871 #ifdef __cplusplus
    2872 extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
    2873
    2874 configure: exit 1

    Thanks.

    Patrick.

  2. Re: KTouch compile on Suse Desktop 10 SP1.

    On Nov 8, 9:45 am, Patrick Finnegan
    wrote:
    > I am trying to install KTouch on Suse Desktop 10.1(SP1) with KDE 3.5.1
    > level
    > A".
    >
    > Running "./configure" bombs out with missing prerequisites. Any idea
    > of what
    > of the ./configure config options need to be in this environment.
    >
    > configure: WARNING: libjpeg not found. disable JPEG support.
    > checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
    > checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (headers
    > and
    > libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
    > For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.
    > /ktouch-1.6.0-autotoolspatch/ktouch-1
    > .6.0>
    >
    > config log..................
    >
    > #define kde_socklen_t socklen_t
    > 2869 #define ksize_t socklen_t
    > 2870 #endif
    > 2871 #ifdef __cplusplus
    > 2872 extern "C" void std::exit (int) throw (); using std::exit;
    > 2873
    > 2874 configure: exit 1
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Patrick.

    I found the kdeedu packages on the open suse non core packages
    installation sources and installed that instead.

  3. Re: KTouch compile on Suse Desktop 10 SP1.

    Hi Patrick

    I just take the easy way out and install the headers/development
    packages etc as needed, then rerun configure. (ie use YaST)

    ../configure --help may or may not list the actual (useful) options.

    Based on your log I would install libjpeg & qt3 libraries and
    development packages. If trying it again lists more dependencies install
    them as well.

    When it gets real bad is if the configure dependency check doesn't find
    a package/program you need and you have to read the results of make errors!

    Hope this helps

    Bob

    Patrick Finnegan wrote:

    > I am trying to install KTouch on Suse Desktop 10.1(SP1) with KDE 3.5.1
    > level
    > A".
    >
    > Running "./configure" bombs out with missing prerequisites. Any idea
    > of what
    > of the ./configure config options need to be in this environment.

+ Reply to Thread