Pronouncation of Suse - Suse

This is a discussion on Pronouncation of Suse - Suse ; birre wrote: > On 2007-11-06 14:09, Noozer wrote: >> OpenSUSE >> >> oh-pen-SOO-zuh >> > > Haha , you Americans are so funny, you give an example that don't help > a bit since I have no clue of your ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Pronouncation of Suse

    birre wrote:
    > On 2007-11-06 14:09, Noozer wrote:
    >> OpenSUSE
    >>
    >> oh-pen-SOO-zuh
    >>

    > Haha , you Americans are so funny, you give an example that don't help
    > a bit since I have no clue of your pronunciation of "oh-pen-SOO-zuh" .
    >
    > Remember SUSE is a German trademark, so you must follow their pronunciation
    > of written text, but are free to say it as you like, but then it is your
    > local thing, and not _the_ answer.
    >
    > It's like the word linux that can be twisted so much that once when an
    > American asked me if I know anything about Linux I answered no first,
    > since I thought he said something else.
    >
    > The strange thing is that i is not AAAYYYY in words like
    > in,things,is,like,windows so why should in Linux ?
    >
    > The difference is from where the word comes.
    >
    > /bb

    You should hear the ebonics version.

  2. Re: Pronouncation of Suse

    Broderick Crawford ilililililil wrote:
    > You should hear the ebonics version.

    http://tinyurl.com/2qfqso

    houghi
    --
    You can have my keyboard ...
    if you can pry it from my dead, cold, stiff fingers

  3. Re: Pronouncation of Suse

    On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:23:02 +0000, William J Giddings wrote:

    > How about "soozer"?
    >
    > On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:19:09 +0000, Toedipper wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Help settle an fun argument.
    >>
    >> Can anyone tell me how exactly the word Suse is said?
    >>
    >> Is it said like 'suzy' as in the girls name?
    >>
    >> Or is it pronounced 'Sus' as in suspect?
    >>
    >> Or maybe it's neither??
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >>
    >> toe
    >>
    >> http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

    Can a German person make a small sound file and attach it here? That would
    be the best thing to do.

    Dave

  4. Re: Pronouncation of Suse

    On 10 Nov 2007 12:25:51 GMT, David W Studeman
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:23:02 +0000, William J Giddings wrote:
    >
    >> How about "soozer"?
    >>
    >> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:19:09 +0000, Toedipper wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> Help settle an fun argument.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone tell me how exactly the word Suse is said?
    >>>
    >>> Is it said like 'suzy' as in the girls name?
    >>>
    >>> Or is it pronounced 'Sus' as in suspect?
    >>>
    >>> Or maybe it's neither??
    >>>
    >>> Cheers,
    >>>
    >>> toe
    >>>
    >>> http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

    >Can a German person make a small sound file and attach it here? That would
    >be the best thing to do.

    This is not a binary Usenet group.

    If you are having trouble understanding what that means, then you
    should BONE UP on the forum in which you find yourself chatting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2