ac'97 asus nvidia nforce 3 SOUND! - Suse

This is a discussion on ac'97 asus nvidia nforce 3 SOUND! - Suse ; I am running SuSE10.3....onboard sound............CANNOT make it work, help ADVISE!...

  1. ac'97 asus nvidia nforce 3 SOUND!

    I am running SuSE10.3....onboard sound............CANNOT make it work,
    help ADVISE!

  2. Re: ac'97 asus nvidia nforce 3 SOUND!

    neckbone willy wrote:

    > I am running SuSE10.3....onboard sound............CANNOT make it work,
    > help ADVISE!

    By default sound is mute. Right click on the sound icon in your system tray
    and choose Show Mixer Window. Make sure Mute is not checked. Adjust the
    volume for both Master and PCM and click on the ball above the slider so it
    is bright green. You may also have to adjust some of the other sliders
    such as AC97.

    If you do not have the speaker icon in your system tray then choose Kmix
    from the Multimedia menu.
    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com