ATi Radeon HD2600 config - Suse

This is a discussion on ATi Radeon HD2600 config - Suse ; ATI Radeon HD2600 PCIe 512MB 2x ACER 1916W flat screen. Removed the original fglrx drivers that where installed at install of SuSE. Reinstalled them and ran SaX2 --reinit Next installed ATI drivers using using /bin/sh /ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run Followed by aticonfig --initial=dual-head ...

  1. ATi Radeon HD2600 config

    ATI Radeon HD2600 PCIe 512MB
    2x ACER 1916W flat screen.

    Removed the original fglrx drivers that where installed at install of
    SuSE. Reinstalled them and ran SaX2 --reinit

    /bin/sh /ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run

    Followed by

    aticonfig --initial=dual-head --screen-layout=right --dtop=hotizontal

    and after reboot

    aticonfig --resolution=0,1440x900,etc etc,640x480

    ( All as root in a console window when in X mode)

    TRIED the ATI configurator thru the menu but it just doesn't start.
    Xserver craches whenever I use crtl-alt-F(x) to start a text console.

    Whatever I do:
    ) the Xserver starts with a screen resolution of 1600x1280 making it
    unreadable.
    ) The desktop should run in Xinerama mode but never does ( keeps using
    the copy).
    ) When using the YAST -->Hardware-Graphics....option it doesn't even
    show the ATI config but the default VESA it originally installed with.
    It doesn't matter if I deinstall de ATI drivers and get them thru SuSe
    update ( from the ATI Repository). Problems are the same.

    Running SuSE 10.3 64bit ( fully updated)
    Intel Duo Core2 T5600
    4 GB Ram

    Anyone have suggestions ( short of throwing the ATI card in the bin
    and buying an Nvidia)?

    Regards,
    Robert A. Reissaus

  2. Re: ATi Radeon HD2600 config

    Suse@risdi.com wrote:
    > ATI Radeon HD2600 PCIe 512MB
    > 2x ACER 1916W flat screen.
    >
    > Removed the original fglrx drivers that where installed at install of
    > SuSE. Reinstalled them and ran SaX2 --reinit

    > /bin/sh /ati-driver-installer-8.42.3-x86.x86_64.run
    >
    > Followed by
    >
    > aticonfig --initial=dual-head --screen-layout=right --dtop=hotizontal
    >
    > and after reboot
    >
    > aticonfig --resolution=0,1440x900,etc etc,640x480
    >
    > ( All as root in a console window when in X mode)
    >
    > TRIED the ATI configurator thru the menu but it just doesn't start.
    > Xserver craches whenever I use crtl-alt-F(x) to start a text console.
    >
    > Whatever I do:
    > ) the Xserver starts with a screen resolution of 1600x1280 making it
    > unreadable.
    > ) The desktop should run in Xinerama mode but never does ( keeps using
    > the copy).
    > ) When using the YAST -->Hardware-Graphics....option it doesn't even
    > show the ATI config but the default VESA it originally installed with.
    > It doesn't matter if I deinstall de ATI drivers and get them thru SuSe
    > update ( from the ATI Repository). Problems are the same.
    >
    > Running SuSE 10.3 64bit ( fully updated)
    > Intel Duo Core2 T5600
    > 4 GB Ram
    >
    > Anyone have suggestions ( short of throwing the ATI card in the bin
    > and buying an Nvidia)?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Robert A. Reissaus

    Haven't got a solution, but encountered the same problems.
    I just copied the backup-file and am now using default Suse stuff.
    NExt time I'll buy a Nvidia card.

    Joost

+ Reply to Thread