OpenOffice appearance on 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on OpenOffice appearance on 10.3 - Suse ; Hi all, Suse 10.3, Kde, Open Office 2.3.0.1.2 Anyone else think that the appearance of Openoffice on suse 10.3 looks terrible? We used to laugh at Windows XP 'fisher price' appearance but OO on 10.3 looks terrible. Big chunky icons ...

  1. OpenOffice appearance on 10.3

    Hi all,

    Suse 10.3, Kde, Open Office 2.3.0.1.2

    Anyone else think that the appearance of Openoffice on suse 10.3 looks
    terrible?

    We used to laugh at Windows XP 'fisher price' appearance but OO on 10.3
    looks terrible.

    Big chunky icons and those black on grey menus make it look like something
    from Windows 3.1!

    It actually looks 'unfinished'. I run a 1280 x 1024 screen but when I open
    OpenOffice it's as if I'm running 640 x 480, it's that bad looking.

    That's my rant for today,

    cheers,

    toe

    http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

  2. Re: OpenOffice appearance on 10.3

    Toedipper schreef:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Suse 10.3, Kde, Open Office 2.3.0.1.2
    >
    > Anyone else think that the appearance of Openoffice on suse 10.3 looks
    > terrible?
    >
    > We used to laugh at Windows XP 'fisher price' appearance but OO on 10.3
    > looks terrible.
    >
    > Big chunky icons and those black on grey menus make it look like something
    > from Windows 3.1!
    >
    > It actually looks 'unfinished'. I run a 1280 x 1024 screen but when I open
    > OpenOffice it's as if I'm running 640 x 480, it's that bad looking.
    >
    > That's my rant for today,
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > toe
    >
    > http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

    Looks like something went wrong over your site. Nothing really changed
    to the GUI.

  3. Re: OpenOffice appearance on 10.3

    Robert Vriens wrote:

    > Toedipper schreef:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Suse 10.3, Kde, Open Office 2.3.0.1.2
    >>
    >> Anyone else think that the appearance of Openoffice on suse 10.3 looks
    >> terrible?
    >>
    >> We used to laugh at Windows XP 'fisher price' appearance but OO on 10.3
    >> looks terrible.
    >>
    >> Big chunky icons and those black on grey menus make it look like
    >> something from Windows 3.1!
    >>
    >> It actually looks 'unfinished'. I run a 1280 x 1024 screen but when I
    >> open OpenOffice it's as if I'm running 640 x 480, it's that bad looking.
    >>
    >> That's my rant for today,
    >>
    >> cheers,
    >>
    >> toe
    >>
    >> http://www.vistaisrubbish.com
    >>

    > Looks like something went wrong over your site. Nothing really changed
    > to the GUI.

    Just checked it and working ok for me.

    However, like Openoffice on 10.3, not 100% finished yet lol.

    toe

  4. Re: OpenOffice appearance on 10.3

    Toedipper wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > Suse 10.3, Kde, Open Office 2.3.0.1.2
    >
    > Anyone else think that the appearance of Openoffice on suse 10.3 looks
    > terrible?
    >
    > We used to laugh at Windows XP 'fisher price' appearance but OO on 10.3
    > looks terrible.
    >
    > Big chunky icons and those black on grey menus make it look like something
    > from Windows 3.1!
    >
    > It actually looks 'unfinished'. I run a 1280 x 1024 screen but when I
    > open OpenOffice it's as if I'm running 640 x 480, it's that bad looking.
    >
    > That's my rant for today,
    >
    > cheers,
    >
    > toe
    >
    > http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

    open OO then do as follows

    tools -> options -> view then change scaling and icons

    and that will take care of your problem if the icons and menus are bothering
    you that much.

    Not being funny any one would think you were a windows user, you really are
    not thinking are you.

+ Reply to Thread