GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3 - Suse ; There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3. I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any. Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ? Is there any plan to include this compiler in ...

  1. GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.
    I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.
    Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?
    Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

  2. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com wrote:

    > There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.
    > I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.
    > Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?
    > Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

    What? Why don't you simply take a look? It is there

    That *you* are unable to find it does not mean it is absent
    It means, you are not competent enough
    --
    Microsoft? Is that some kind of a toilet paper?

  3. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    The carbonbased lifeform akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com inspired
    alt.os.linux.suse with:
    > There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.
    > I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.
    > Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?

    Of course it does.
    Install the Base Development pattern group in YaST.

    > Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

    Most likely..

    Theo
    --
    theo at van-werkhoven.nl ICQ:277217131 SuSE Linux
    linuxcounter.org: 99872 Jabber:muadib at jabber.xs4all.nl AMD XP3000+ 1024MB

  4. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007, wrote:-

    >There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.

    ^^^^^^^^^
    First, SuSE no longer exists. The last SuSE release was SuSE 9.3. The
    next version was SUSE 10.0, followed by SUSE 10.1. After that, part way
    through the development cycle of 10.2, the name was changed to openSUSE.

    Second, the GCC compiler is present in 10.3.

    >I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.

    Then you haven't installed it. Which media did you use to install 10.3?
    Did you use one of the single CD installation media, either the KDE or
    Gnome CDs, the final release version DVD image, or the DVD from the
    boxed set?

    >Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?

    I can't confirm it's not there, although I can confirm that it is:

    davjam@davids:~> ls ~/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc*
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-4.2.1_20070724-17.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-c++-4.2.1_20070724-17.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-fortran-4.2.1_20070724-17.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-gij-4.2.1_20070724-26.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-info-4.2.1_20070724-17.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc42-java-4.2.1_20070724-17.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-c++-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-fortran-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-gij-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-info-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    /home/davjam/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/gcc-java-4.2-24.i586.rpm
    davjam@davids:~> df ~/public_html/mnt/suse/i586/
    /local/downloads/openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-i386-iso/openSUSE-10.3-GM-DVD-i386.iso
    4302582 4302582 0 100% /home/davjam/public_html/mnt

    >Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

    Of course there are plans to include this compiler, although it doesn't
    need to be included in an update. Well, not unless there are any
    security problems, and then it'll get the same treatment as any of the
    other packages supplied by SUSE/Novell.

    As for 11.0, since Factory already has GCC 4.3 in it, and there's around
    7 months before the next release, at the very least it's going to have
    4.3, or maybe even later, depending on when the upgrades occur to GCC
    and how far into the development cycle of 11.0 they take place.

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit
    SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit |
    RISC OS 3.11 | RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC

  5. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    My apolology for making confusion in the first posting.
    Actually, I needed to know about the "gcc compiler" in OpenSuSE 10.3.

    I installed OpenSuSE 10.3 (DVD version), but unable to find the "gcc
    compiler".
    I searched through YAST, but it doesn't find it. How could I install
    gcc on the OpenSuSE 10.3 ?

  6. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com wrote:

    > My apolology for making confusion in the first posting.
    > Actually, I needed to know about the "gcc compiler" in OpenSuSE 10.3.
    >
    > I installed OpenSuSE 10.3 (DVD version), but unable to find the "gcc
    > compiler".
    > I searched through YAST, but it doesn't find it. How could I install
    > gcc on the OpenSuSE 10.3 ?

    Did you add the repositories? It can be found in the Main Repository. And
    there are about 40 subspecies of the complier listed. In Yast just click
    on the Software Icon and put in gcc in the search box.

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  7. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com wrote:

    >> There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.
    >> I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.
    >> Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?
    >> Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

    >What? Why don't you simply take a look? It is there

    >That *you* are unable to find it does not mean it is absent
    >It means, you are not competent enough

    It is easy enough to do a clean install and NOT install
    gcc.

    Your lack of understanding of this point is consonant
    with your general lack of understanding.

    And no, I am not flatfish, though you may think so.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  8. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com wrote:
    >My apolology for making confusion in the first posting.
    >Actually, I needed to know about the "gcc compiler" in OpenSuSE 10.3.

    >I installed OpenSuSE 10.3 (DVD version), but unable to find the "gcc
    >compiler".
    >I searched through YAST, but it doesn't find it. How could I install
    >gcc on the OpenSuSE 10.3 ?

    Go to the YAST program manager and then type "gcc" (omit
    the question marks) into the search box.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  9. Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    Paul J Gans wrote:

    > Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >> akarui.tomodachi@gmail.com wrote:

    >>> There is no gcc compiler found in the SuSE 10.3.
    >>> I searched by "which gcc" command, but it couldn't find any.
    >>> Please confirm whether 10.3 doesn't include the gcc compiler ?
    >>> Is there any plan to include this compiler in recent future upgrade ?

    >>What? Why don't you simply take a look? It is there

    >>That *you* are unable to find it does not mean it is absent
    >>It means, you are not competent enough

    > It is easy enough to do a clean install and NOT install
    > gcc.
    >
    > Your lack of understanding of this point is consonant
    > with your general lack of understanding.
    >
    > And no, I am not flatfish, though you may think so.

    I propose you read the thread first

    It was started by an incompetent newbie asking all the wrong questions
    --
    Warning: 10 days have passed since your last Windows reinstall.

  10. Smile Re: GCC Compiler in SuSE 10.3

    Its's easy in Suse 11.3

    By default gcc45 will come but gcc will disable we have to enable/install by following.

    Steps:
    1. Goto YaST Control Center → Software → Software Management
    2. In search box type gcc then it will show packages
    3. Select gcc then accept
    4. Then gcc will be installed
    Compiling c:

    gcc filename.c