10.3 KDE questions - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 KDE questions - Suse ; Installed 10.3 on my test system yesterday (P3, 866MHZ, 768MB 250GB Disk) After trying update and find numerous dependency issues I aborted and did a new install. After install I notice that part of the kde system is 3.5.7 and ...

  1. 10.3 KDE questions

    Installed 10.3 on my test system yesterday (P3, 866MHZ, 768MB 250GB Disk)
    After trying update and find numerous dependency issues I aborted and did a
    new install. After install I notice that part of the kde system is 3.5.7
    and part kde4. In my
    --
    Russ
    Registered Linux user #441463 After trying updat After trying update and

    I also noticed under office in the menu I have a kontact (kde3) and a
    kontact information manager for kde4. Can I remove the kde4 programs that
    YaSt shows?

    Is this normal?

    Thanks for any response

  2. Re: 10.3 KDE questions

    russbucket wrote:

    > Installed 10.3 on my test system yesterday (P3, 866MHZ, 768MB 250GB Disk)
    > After trying update and find numerous dependency issues I aborted and did
    > a new install. After install I notice that part of the kde system is 3.5.7
    > and part kde4. In my

    That is just about right. It is what I have to on a new Installation
    (except for /home).

    --
    Later,
    Darrell Stec darstec@neo.rr.com

    Webpage Sorcery
    http://webpagesorcery.com
    We Put the Magic in Your Webpages

  3. Re: 10.3 KDE questions

    Darrell Stec wrote:

    > russbucket wrote:
    >
    >> Installed 10.3 on my test system yesterday (P3, 866MHZ, 768MB 250GB Disk)
    >> After trying update and find numerous dependency issues I aborted and did
    >> a new install. After install I notice that part of the kde system is
    >> 3.5.7 and part kde4. In my

    > That is just about right. It is what I have to on a new Installation
    > (except for /home).

    Thanks for the response. Everything appears to work.