media help - Suse

This is a discussion on media help - Suse ; I have installed totem caffeine and real player helix, I have also dld and installed win32 codec. However each player says the same thing when trying to run avi's wmvs and mpgs, bad format or missing codec. Is there a ...

  1. media help

    I have installed totem caffeine and real player helix, I have also dld
    and installed win32 codec. However each player says the same thing when
    trying to run avi's wmvs and mpgs, bad format or missing codec. Is there
    a easy ( Im new at this ) player that will run these formats. The need
    to review these types of files is the last remaining vistage I have for
    keeping windows running any help would be appreciated.

    bob

  2. Re: media help

    bob wrote:
    > I have installed totem caffeine and real player helix,

    Where? In Suse? openSUSE? How?

    I have also dld
    > and installed win32 codec.

    Where? In Suse? openSUSE? How?

    However each player says the same thing when
    > trying to run avi's wmvs and mpgs, bad format or missing codec. Is there
    > a easy ( Im new at this ) player that will run these formats. The need
    > to review these types of files is the last remaining vistage I have for
    > keeping windows running any help would be appreciated.

    Google: Suse (your version here) multimedia.

    This has been asked and answered a million times during 2-3 recent years.

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "

  3. Re: media help

    Vahis wrote:
    > This has been asked and answered a million times during 2-3 recent years.

    If only someone would bother to make a page about it. :-D

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

  4. Re: media help

    houghi wrote:
    > Vahis wrote:
    >> This has been asked and answered a million times during 2-3 recent years.

    > If only someone would bother to make a page about it. :-D
    >
    > houghi

    I'm sure someone must have.

    Vahis
    --
    "Only wimps use tape backup: _real_ men just upload their important
    stuff on ftp, and let the rest of the world mirror it "
    Linus Torvalds 1996.

  5. Re: media help

    Vahis wrote:

    > houghi wrote:
    >> Vahis wrote:
    >>> This has been asked and answered a million times during 2-3 recent
    >>> years.

    >> If only someone would bother to make a page about it. :-D
    >>
    >> houghi

    > I'm sure someone must have.
    >
    > Vahis

    There is something out there. When I installed 10.3, on two systems with
    media files (downloads from youtube). I clicked on the file to play and the
    openSUSE build function opened up and led me through a series of adding
    repos, downloads, and installs. When done, Kaffeine could play them with
    sound and still looked ok at twice the origional size.

    I don't know how to find the page to do it, but that auto build process was
    awesome.

    John

+ Reply to Thread