Kmail and kded - Suse

This is a discussion on Kmail and kded - Suse ; Hello all, Since having done an update (not sure which and when) kmail starts in offline mode. I try to get it to go online, but File->Work Online does nothing. I have found a workaround by doing the following in ...

  1. Kmail and kded

    Hello all,

    Since having done an update (not sure which and when) kmail starts in
    offline mode. I try to get it to go online, but File->Work Online does
    nothing.

    I have found a workaround by doing the following in konsole:

    kded --check && kded --new-startup

    I was just wondering if anyone has any further information about this bug or
    knows of a "permanent" fix.

    Thanks,

    --
    Chris

  2. Re: Kmail and kded

    On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:53:21 +0000, Chris wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > Since having done an update (not sure which and when) kmail starts in
    > offline mode. I try to get it to go online, but File->Work Online does
    > nothing.

    On Sept 30, I posted about a similar problem to the kde-pim mail group. I
    also had the onlin/offline problem, and also

    "since I've upgraded to KMail 1.9.6, on Sept 25, KMail has not been able
    to check/download mail. It still sends mail, and is able to "check what
    the server supports" successfully, but when I click "Check Mail In" ...
    the status bar immediately updates "[ new messages". But Kmail isn't checking."

    If this sound familiar, the problem turned out to be related to a problem
    that Smart turned up....
    "Unsatisfied dependency: kdelibs3-3.5.7-79.2@i586 conflicts with
    kdepim3-networkstatus-3.5.5-36@i586"

    Kdepim3-networkstatus is obsolete in the latest build. Smart wanted to
    delete kdepim3-networkstatus, and I was not letting it do so. When I
    allowed the deletion, the problem went away.

+ Reply to Thread