Is it possible to remote control a vista laptop from Suse 10.3? - Suse

This is a discussion on Is it possible to remote control a vista laptop from Suse 10.3? - Suse ; Hi all, Suse 0.3, kde 3.57, er, 72.2 Normally I don't give 2 hoots about Vista but I'm in Ireland and my wife is of to India for 10 days on business (or so she says anyway) But I was ...

  1. Is it possible to remote control a vista laptop from Suse 10.3?

    Hi all,

    Suse 0.3, kde 3.57, er, 72.2

    Normally I don't give 2 hoots about Vista but I'm in Ireland and my wife is
    of to India for 10 days on business (or so she says anyway)

    But I was wondering when she gets there is it possible for me to remote
    desktop from my 10.3 desktop to her Vista laptop and 'take over' the laptop
    while she files her nails?

    Cheers,

    toe

    http://www.vistaisrubbish.com

  2. Re: Is it possible to remote control a vista laptop from Suse 10.3?

    "Toedipper" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Suse 0.3, kde 3.57, er, 72.2
    >
    > Normally I don't give 2 hoots about Vista but I'm in Ireland and my wife
    > is
    > of to India for 10 days on business (or so she says anyway)
    >
    > But I was wondering when she gets there is it possible for me to remote
    > desktop from my 10.3 desktop to her Vista laptop and 'take over' the
    > laptop
    > while she files her nails?

    If she has VNC installed and the server running, you could you the VNC
    client on the Suse machine to access.

    There are a number of Linux RDP clients that will let you access the "remote
    desktop" on Windows boxes.

    Both methods require some configuration on the Windows machine before they
    will work.

  3. Re: Is it possible to remote control a vista laptop from Suse 10.3?

    Toedipper wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Suse 0.3, kde 3.57, er, 72.2
    >
    > Normally I don't give 2 hoots about Vista but I'm in Ireland and my wife is
    > of to India for 10 days on business (or so she says anyway)
    >
    > But I was wondering when she gets there is it possible for me to remote
    > desktop from my 10.3 desktop to her Vista laptop and 'take over' the laptop
    > while she files her nails?

    That will depend on the server you will be running that gives access.

    houghi
    --
    It's people. Source code is made out of people! They're making our
    source out of people. Next thing they'll be breeding us like cattle

+ Reply to Thread