Webcam on suse 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Webcam on suse 10.3 - Suse ; I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.3 64 bit. Now the module gspca I use to run Logitech webcam no longer loads at startup. The only thing that gets loaded is the driver for the integrated mic. I hae to ...

  1. Webcam on suse 10.3

    I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.3 64 bit.
    Now the module gspca I use to run Logitech webcam no longer loads at
    startup. The only thing that gets loaded is the driver for the integrated
    mic.
    I hae to load it through modprobe every time. Does anybody knows why and how
    to fix this?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Webcam on suse 10.3

    Stefano wrote:

    > I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.3 64 bit.
    > Now the module gspca I use to run Logitech webcam no longer loads at
    > startup. The only thing that gets loaded is the driver for the integrated
    > mic.
    > I hae to load it through modprobe every time. Does anybody knows why and
    > how to fix this?
    >
    > Thanks

    Don't know why it is happening, but to load a module at boot time,
    add the module name to

    YaST -> System -> /etc/csysconfig editor ->
    System -> Kernel -> MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT>

    --
    Don

  3. Re: Webcam on suse 10.3

    Don Raboud wrote:

    > Stefano wrote:
    >
    >> I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.3 64 bit.
    >> Now the module gspca I use to run Logitech webcam no longer loads at
    >> startup. The only thing that gets loaded is the driver for the integrated
    >> mic.
    >> I hae to load it through modprobe every time. Does anybody knows why and
    >> how to fix this?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > Don't know why it is happening, but to load a module at boot time,
    > add the module name to
    >
    > YaST -> System -> /etc/csysconfig editor ->
    > System -> Kernel -> MODULES_LOADED_ON_BOOT>

    You can also add functions to /etc/modprobe.conf -- video cards for
    ZoneMinder are added that way.

  4. Re: Webcam on suse 10.3

    Since you upgraded from a 10.0 to a 10.3 ( with considerable
    differences) the best way is always to reinstall the gspca package. OR
    ( download the gspca package for OpenSuSE 10.3 and) recompile ( which
    I always do). Takes about 1 minute.

    Robert A. Reissaus

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 20:18:49 +0100, Stefano
    wrote:

    >I have upgraded from 10.0 to 10.3 64 bit.
    >Now the module gspca I use to run Logitech webcam no longer loads at
    >startup. The only thing that gets loaded is the driver for the integrated
    >mic.
    >I hae to load it through modprobe every time. Does anybody knows why and how
    >to fix this?
    >
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread