Gimp24 Doc question - Suse

This is a discussion on Gimp24 Doc question - Suse ; Hi, I installed GIMP 2.4 for openSUSE 10.3. I did this by first deleting the existing GIMP and GIMP doc programs in Smart and then I installed the Pacman Gimp 2.4 main package and gimp24-doc-2.4.1-0.pm.1.i586 package using Smart. I see ...

  1. Gimp24 Doc question

    Hi,

    I installed GIMP 2.4 for openSUSE 10.3. I did this by first deleting the
    existing GIMP and GIMP doc programs in Smart and then I installed the
    Pacman Gimp 2.4 main package and gimp24-doc-2.4.1-0.pm.1.i586 package using
    Smart.

    I see GIMP html files using Konqueror on this
    location: /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/

    Now the problem: Gimp says when I want to use the help function:

    "The GIMP help files are not found.
    Please install the additional help package"

    Why can't GIMP locate the help files and how do I solve this?

    TIA, Derk

  2. Re: Gimp24 Doc question

    On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:00:41 +0100, Derk wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I installed GIMP 2.4 for openSUSE 10.3. I did this by first deleting the
    > existing GIMP and GIMP doc programs in Smart and then I installed the
    > Pacman Gimp 2.4 main package and gimp24-doc-2.4.1-0.pm.1.i586 package
    > using Smart.
    >
    > I see GIMP html files using Konqueror on this location:
    > /usr/share/gtk-doc/html/
    >
    > Now the problem: Gimp says when I want to use the help function:
    >
    > "The GIMP help files are not found.
    > Please install the additional help package"
    >
    > Why can't GIMP locate the help files and how do I solve this?
    >
    > TIA, Derk

    for the 2.2 version gimp is looking for
    /usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/en/index.html
    I should make a soft link to there and see what happens.

+ Reply to Thread