JAD - Suse

This is a discussion on JAD - Suse ; My first introduction to SuSE was ver 6.00; since then I've played with Debian, Ubuntu, Mint as well as Windoze for those apps that can't yet be ported through Wine. Because of a need to use a stable environment for ...

  1. JAD

    My first introduction to SuSE was ver 6.00; since then I've played with
    Debian, Ubuntu, Mint as well as Windoze for those apps that can't yet be
    ported through Wine.

    Because of a need to use a stable environment for computer music, I
    stumbled across JAD which has bought me full circle back to SuSE. I have
    to say, it does feel like coming home!

    Does anyone here have any experience of using JAD and if so, was it
    positive or negative?

    All the best

    Nic

  2. Re: JAD

    nic wrote:
    > Does anyone here have any experience of using JAD and if so, was it
    > positive or negative?

    Having installed suse 10.2, I added the jacklab kernel (which is the one in
    JAD). This worked very nicely.
    I upgraded to 10.3 on the same machine and their rt-kernel (or the
    combination with the NVIDIA driver) have some funny behaviour that freezes
    the computer sometimes, so I have reverted to the suse default kernel and I
    am without computer music at the moment...

    I also tried the suse rt-kernel, but there are no rt-kernel-source for that
    and so the NVIDIA driver does not compile.

    There is a IRC channel #jacklab where you can ask techie questions.

    cheers,

    -G-

+ Reply to Thread