Where can I get the source code for open suse - Suse

This is a discussion on Where can I get the source code for open suse - Suse ; Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ? If it is available then where can I get that ?...

  1. Where can I get the source code for open suse

    Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ?
    If it is available then where can I get that ?

  2. Re: Where can I get the source code for open suse

    Velocity wrote:
    > Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ?

    Yes.

    > If it is available then where can I get that ?

    From the homepage.

    kind regards,
    Andreas

  3. Re: Where can I get the source code for open suse

    I am new to Linux but I think if you want to have a look at the kernel
    source it is somewhere in your system if you have chosen to installed it..

    Mine is here : xs220@linux-pc11:/usr/src/linux-2.6.18.2-34>

    xc.

    "Velocity" wrote in message
    news:1193404380.099612.191500@q3g2000prf.googlegro ups.com...
    > Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ?
    > If it is available then where can I get that ?

  4. Re: Where can I get the source code for open suse

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Velocity wrote:-

    >Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ?

    Yes. If it wasn't, Novell would be in breach of the GPL.

    >If it is available then where can I get that ?

    Which version are you looking for? openSUSE 10.2? openSUSE 10.3? Maybe
    Factory? Have you actually looked at any of the mirrors to see if they
    have the sources?

    While I shouldn't hand stuff out on a platter, here goes:

    SUSE 10.1:

    openSUSE 10.2

    openSUSE 10.3

    Factory, the development version that will eventually become openSUSE
    11.0

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit
    SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit |
    RISC OS 3.11 | RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC

  5. Re: Where can I get the source code for open suse

    > >Is source code of Open Suse available freely to public ?

    > Yes. If it wasn't, Novell would be in breach of the GPL.

    Yea I know this thanks for the replies and the links actually I
    specifically want to read the source code of the init script inside
    the initrd on the installation DVD of Open Suse 10.2 which after