Ubuntu Vs Suse - Suse

This is a discussion on Ubuntu Vs Suse - Suse ; Suse is big and well developed and German. Ubuntu is not. Period....

  1. Ubuntu Vs Suse

    Suse is big and well developed and German.
    Ubuntu is not.
    Period.

  2. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:

    > Suse is big and well developed and German.
    > Ubuntu is not.

    I beg to differ.

    > Period.

  3. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:

    > Suse is big and well developed and German.

    OK.

    > Ubuntu is not.

    Ubuntu is not German, true.

    > Period.

    Semicolon;

  4. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    In <4720bf6f$1_4@news.bluewin.ch> Mark South:
    > On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:
    >
    >> Suse is big and well developed and German.

    > OK.
    >
    >> Ubuntu is not.

    > Ubuntu is not German, true.
    >
    >> Period.

    > Semicolon;

    Fullcolon:

  5. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:16:52 +0000, Harold Stevens wrote:

    > In <4720bf6f$1_4@news.bluewin.ch> Mark South:
    >> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:
    >>
    >>> Suse is big and well developed and German.

    >> OK.
    >>
    >>> Ubuntu is not.

    >> Ubuntu is not German, true.
    >>
    >>> Period.

    >> Semicolon;

    > Fullcolon:

    Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:

    ){ :|:& };:

  6. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    In <4720d238$1_4@news.bluewin.ch> Mark South:

    [Snip...]

    >){ :|:& };:

    FORKBOMB!

  7. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    Mark South wrote:
    > Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:
    >
    > ){ :|:& };:

    And now explain why it does what it does. A google search did not tell
    me anything.

    houghi
    --
    The whole principle [of censorship] is wrong. It's like demanding that
    grown men live on skim milk because the baby can't have steak.

  8. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On 2007-10-25, Gefio Norse wrote:
    > Suse is big and well developed and German.
    > Ubuntu is not.
    > Period.

    Having used SUSE since release 6.2, I agree.
    Unfortunately, it's not as German as it used to be.

    Douglas Adams

  9. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    wrote:

    >In <4720bf6f$1_4@news.bluewin.ch> Mark South:
    >> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:
    >>
    >>> Suse is big and well developed and German.

    >> OK.
    >>
    >>> Ubuntu is not.

    >> Ubuntu is not German, true.
    >>
    >>> Period.

    >> Semicolon;

    >Fullcolon:

    Flushed colon.

  10. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 21:33:04 +0200, houghi wrote:

    > Mark South wrote:
    >> Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:
    >>
    >> ){ :|:& };:

    > And now explain why it does what it does. A google search did not tell
    > me anything.

    Heh. Google strips punctuation from the search string :-)

    It's Jaromil's forkbomb, the smallest and most elegant one known.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaromil

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forkbomb

    Mark
    --
    Signature: insufficient resources to fork signature.

  11. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    Mark South wrote:
    > [...]
    > Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:
    >
    > ){ :|:& };:

    echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

  12. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > Mark South wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:
    >>
    >> ){ :|:& };:

    > echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

    Fppmfpffm?
    http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php

    houghi
    --
    But I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am
    free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I

  13. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    houghi wrote:
    > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    >> Mark South wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>> Now paste this in a shell and hit enter:
    >>>
    >>> ){ :|:& };:

    >> echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

    > Fppmfpffm?
    > http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php
    >
    > houghi

    What I posted is a valid command and produces a real result...

  14. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    ray wrote:
    >On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:

    >> Suse is big and well developed and German.
    >> Ubuntu is not.

    >I beg to differ.

    They are two entirely different distributions aimed at two
    entirely different audiences.

    All the rest is useless flaming.

    --
    --- Paul J. Gans

  15. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
    > houghi wrote:
    >> Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

    >>> echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D4D465452snlbxq' | dc

    >> Fppmfpffm?
    >> http://houghi.org/moving_pictures/AOLS_01.php
    >>
    >> houghi

    > What I posted is a valid command and produces a real result...

    And you are implying that my response to that comment wasn't?

    houghi
    --
    But I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am
    free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I
    tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free
    because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

  16. Re: Ubuntu Vs Suse

    On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:08:45 +0000, Paul J Gans wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >>On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:33:39 -0700, Gefio Norse wrote:

    >>> Suse is big and well developed and German.
    >>> Ubuntu is not.

    >>I beg to differ.

    > They are two entirely different distributions aimed at two
    > entirely different audiences.
    >
    > All the rest is useless flaming.

    I can almost agree - I don't think the audiences form dijoint sets.

+ Reply to Thread