Disk partitioner - Suse

This is a discussion on Disk partitioner - Suse ; How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted to it....

  1. Disk partitioner

    How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    to it.

  2. Re: Disk partitioner

    Broderick Crawford wrote:
    > How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    > running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    > to it.

    Boot to the resuce system and use gparted and friends...

  3. Re: Disk partitioner

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:48:50 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:

    > How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    > running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    > to it.

    In 10.3 their is a programmme called partitioner - use with care.

    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l

  4. Re: Disk partitioner

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:48:50 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:

    > How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    > running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    > to it.

    I recommend the Gparted Live CD.

  5. Re: Disk partitioner

    ray wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:48:50 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >
    >> How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    >> running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    >> to it.

    > I recommend the Gparted Live CD.

    Seconded. This is a great tool designed specially for disk management
    tasks. Don't forget to backup first...

    --
    Stephen Chadfield

  6. Re: Disk partitioner

    ray wrote:
    > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:48:50 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >
    >> How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    >> running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    >> to it.

    > I recommend the Gparted Live CD.

    That's what I did. I downloaded the Gparted live cd and burned the iso.
    What I want to do is expand the root partition into unallocated disk
    space. I would like to know if I can to that without loosing all the
    data on the root partition. I know partition magic 8 can do that on
    Windows systems but not sure about Gparted on Suse.

  7. Re: Disk partitioner

    On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:43:25 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:48:50 -0400, Broderick Crawford wrote:
    >>
    >>> How do you run the disk partitioner and resizer on the DVD without
    >>> running install? I want to resize a partition (/) and can't be mounted
    >>> to it.

    >> I recommend the Gparted Live CD.
    >>

    > That's what I did. I downloaded the Gparted live cd and burned the iso.
    > What I want to do is expand the root partition into unallocated disk
    > space. I would like to know if I can to that without loosing all the
    > data on the root partition.

    YES

+ Reply to Thread