Can't Find Windows Share - Suse 10.3 - Suse

This is a discussion on Can't Find Windows Share - Suse 10.3 - Suse ; I just installed 10.3 and am having problems finding my WinXP share. When I click on Network Servers an icon for Windows network comes up, but when I click on that my WinXP shared folder does not appear. I only ...

  1. Can't Find Windows Share - Suse 10.3

    I just installed 10.3 and am having problems finding my WinXP share. When
    I click on Network Servers an icon for Windows network comes up, but when
    I click on that my WinXP shared folder does not appear. I only have two
    computers and both are behind a D-Link Broadband router. My Internet
    connection uses DHCP addresses. In all other distros (e.g. Slackware 12,
    Fedora7,etc.) that Ive used the Windows share appeared automatically. Any
    suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

    Regards,

    Wad

  2. Re: Can't Find Windows Share - Suse 10.3

    Wallace Galloway wrote:

    > I just installed 10.3 and am having problems finding my WinXP share. When
    > I click on Network Servers an icon for Windows network comes up, but when
    > I click on that my WinXP shared folder does not appear. I only have two
    > computers and both are behind a D-Link Broadband router. My Internet
    > connection uses DHCP addresses. In all other distros (e.g. Slackware 12,
    > Fedora7,etc.) that Ive used the Windows share appeared automatically. Any
    > suggestions on how I can fix this problem?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Wad

    The communication with windows stuff is just samba. Check if a samba server
    is running (as root: rcsmb start) and if you're in the samba users file
    (etc/samba/smbusers)
    I.e. if it's a network share. If you've just a windoze partition on a
    harddisk, 'mount' would do the trick I presume.
    taco

+ Reply to Thread