10.3 update irritant. - Suse

This is a discussion on 10.3 update irritant. - Suse ; On one of my machines, updating by YaST update, I constantly get an alert "PatchProgressCallback nn" that requires a click or return to continue. One or two per update would not be bad, but thousands? How do I turn it ...

  1. 10.3 update irritant.

    On one of my machines, updating by YaST update, I constantly get an
    alert "PatchProgressCallback nn" that requires a click or return to
    continue. One or two per update would not be bad, but thousands?

    How do I turn it off?

  2. Re: 10.3 update irritant.

    John Bowling schreef:

    > On one of my machines, updating by YaST update, I constantly get an
    > alert "PatchProgressCallback nn" that requires a click or return to
    > continue. One or two per update would not be bad, but thousands?
    >
    > How do I turn it off?

    I saw that in a RC release, are you using an RC release or have you upgraded
    form an RC release to 10.3 final?
    Anyway, i've got 10.3 final running here from a clean install and haven't
    seen that problem anymore.
    --
    Chris Maaskant

  3. Re: 10.3 update irritant.

    Chris Maaskant wrote:

    > John Bowling schreef:
    >
    >> On one of my machines, updating by YaST update, I constantly get an
    >> alert "PatchProgressCallback nn" that requires a click or return to
    >> continue. One or two per update would not be bad, but thousands?
    >>
    >> How do I turn it off?

    > I saw that in a RC release, are you using an RC release or have you
    > upgraded form an RC release to 10.3 final?
    > Anyway, i've got 10.3 final running here from a clean install and haven't
    > seen that problem anymore.

    I had RC1 running on this machine and did a clean install of 10.3 final (I
    reformatted the / partition but kept /home), so that should have gone away.
    It didn't! Any my other machines that don't do this did not have RC1 on
    them.

+ Reply to Thread