Network icon in taskbar/kicker - Suse

This is a discussion on Network icon in taskbar/kicker - Suse ; With 10.0 I had a nifty icon in the task bar that showed network activity - kinternet I think. Now it's gone since I've upgraded. I installed kinternet, but it wants to do pptp and complains about not connecting to ...

  1. Network icon in taskbar/kicker

    With 10.0 I had a nifty icon in the task bar that showed network
    activity - kinternet I think. Now it's gone since I've upgraded. I
    installed kinternet, but it wants to do pptp and complains about not
    connecting to the server. I don't need to do pptp - just a normal
    ethernet connection is fine, but I'd like to have an icon down by the
    clock that shows when traffic is flowing. I don't want a desktop
    display like gkrellm or superkaramba.

    Recommendations?

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb

  2. Re: Network icon in taskbar/kicker

    On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:47:21 -0800, Kevin Miller wrote:

    > With 10.0 I had a nifty icon in the task bar that showed network
    > activity - kinternet I think. Now it's gone since I've upgraded. I
    > installed kinternet, but it wants to do pptp and complains about not
    > connecting to the server. I don't need to do pptp - just a normal
    > ethernet connection is fine, but I'd like to have an icon down by the
    > clock that shows when traffic is flowing. I don't want a desktop
    > display like gkrellm or superkaramba.
    >
    > Recommendations?
    >
    > ...Kevin

    Sounds like you are looking for KNemo. It is available from the usual
    repositories. Install it with Yast and then activate it from Control-
    center -> Internet and Network -> Network Monitoring.

    JohnK

  3. Re: Network icon in taskbar/kicker

    JohnK wrote:

    > Sounds like you are looking for KNemo. It is available from the usual
    > repositories. Install it with Yast and then activate it from Control-
    > center -> Internet and Network -> Network Monitoring.
    >
    > JohnK

    That fits the bill nicely! Thanks John...

    ....Kevin
    --
    Kevin Miller
    http://www.alaska.net/~atftb