Broken update - Suse

This is a discussion on Broken update - Suse ; I have dependency problems that need fixing before continuing. There are two options, Don't install the named file OR ignore this right here. Don't matter what I choose, the list keeps coming back again and again. Can't continue. What is ...

  1. Broken update

    I have dependency problems that need fixing before continuing. There are
    two options, Don't install the named file OR ignore this right here.
    Don't matter what I choose, the list keeps coming back again and again.
    Can't continue. What is up with this loop?

  2. Re: Broken update

    Punjab The Sailor Man schrieb:

    > I have dependency problems that need fixing before continuing. There are
    > two options, Don't install the named file OR ignore this right here.
    > Don't matter what I choose, the list keeps coming back again and again.
    > Can't continue. What is up with this loop?

    Which tool you use? YaST?

    Which packages are affected? For me on 10.2, it was java-jre-1.4.x and
    1.5.x, which made problems. I had chosen "install" instead of "update" for
    these packages in the chooser screen and get past the loop.

    Kind regards

    Jan

  3. Re: Broken update

    Jan Kandziora wrote:
    > Punjab The Sailor Man schrieb:
    >
    >> I have dependency problems that need fixing before continuing. There are
    >> two options, Don't install the named file OR ignore this right here.
    >> Don't matter what I choose, the list keeps coming back again and again.
    >> Can't continue. What is up with this loop?
    >>

    > Which tool you use? YaST?
    >
    > Which packages are affected? For me on 10.2, it was java-jre-1.4.x and
    > 1.5.x, which made problems. I had chosen "install" instead of "update" for
    > these packages in the chooser screen and get past the loop.
    >
    > Kind regards
    >
    > Jan

    That's using the 10.3 DVD booted up and Yast doing the update. Many
    packages are affected10 or more. I have some 'red' packages which are
    newer than that available in the repositories or the 10.3 DVD. Stuff
    from Unixheads and other places. It doesn't even like my current version
    of K3B or Amarok and stuff. What do I have to do, boot 10.2 and
    downgrade everything in red? Why can't I just check ignore?

  4. Re: Broken update

    On Oct 18, 5:39 pm, Punjab The Sailor Man
    wrote:
    > Jan Kandziora wrote:
    > > Punjab The Sailor Man schrieb:

    > >> I have dependency problems that need fixing before continuing. There are
    > >> two options, Don't install the named file OR ignore this right here.
    > >> Don't matter what I choose, the list keeps coming back again and again.
    > >> Can't continue. What is up with this loop?

    > > Which tool you use? YaST?

    > > Which packages are affected? For me on 10.2, it was java-jre-1.4.x and
    > > 1.5.x, which made problems. I had chosen "install" instead of "update" for
    > > these packages in the chooser screen and get past the loop.

    > > Kind regards

    > > Jan

    > That's using the 10.3 DVD booted up and Yast doing the update. Many
    > packages are affected10 or more. I have some 'red' packages which are
    > newer than that available in the repositories or the 10.3 DVD. Stuff
    > from Unixheads and other places. It doesn't even like my current version
    > of K3B or Amarok and stuff. What do I have to do, boot 10.2 and
    > downgrade everything in red? Why can't I just check ignore?

    I had the same problem. It sucks. I got through it on one system and
    had to do a clean install on the other. I think the problem is that
    the resolver needs the packages you tell it to ignore for something
    else, so it cannot ignore it. Do try the update options too. I have
    two more systems to update and shudder at the thought.

    Jim

+ Reply to Thread