Packman has YAST doesn't - Suse

This is a discussion on Packman has YAST doesn't - Suse ; Using openSUSE10.3, I looked for DVDstyler 64 bit version using YAST, and nothing was found. Yet, it is listed on Packman, which is one of my registered software repositories that I have already used with this edition of SUSE. How ...

  1. Packman has YAST doesn't

    Using openSUSE10.3, I looked for DVDstyler 64 bit version using YAST, and
    nothing was found. Yet, it is listed on Packman, which is one of my
    registered software repositories that I have already used with this edition
    of SUSE. How come?

    Godzilla

  2. Re: Packman has YAST doesn't

    Godzilla wrote:

    > Using openSUSE10.3, I looked for DVDstyler 64 bit version using YAST, and
    > nothing was found. Yet, it is listed on Packman, which is one of my
    > registered software repositories that I have already used with this
    > edition of SUSE. How come?
    >
    > Godzilla

    My face is red again. ;-) I just looked once more at Packman, and they list
    the version for 10.2 SUSE, but not for 10.3!

    Godzilla

  3. Re: Packman has YAST doesn't

    Godzilla wrote:

    > Using openSUSE10.3, I looked for DVDstyler 64 bit version using YAST, and
    > nothing was found. Yet, it is listed on Packman,

    for openSUSE 10.3 64 or 32bit ?
    can you give me the url from packman;-)

    > which is one of my
    > registered software repositories that I have already used with this
    > edition of SUSE. How come?

    dvdstyler is not yet in rpm for openSUSE 10.3
    give the openSUSE / Packman people a little time.
    or you can install with the source
    http://www.dvdstyler.de/downloads.html
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be

  4. Re: Packman has YAST doesn't

    Godzilla wrote:

    > Using openSUSE10.3, I looked for DVDstyler 64 bit version using YAST, and
    > nothing was found. Yet, it is listed on Packman, which is one of my
    > registered software repositories that I have already used with this
    > edition of SUSE. How come?
    >
    > Godzilla

    because of dvdstyler i don't use 10.3 plus there are problems with 10.3

  5. Re: Packman has YAST doesn't

    darklight wrote:

    > because of dvdstyler i don't use 10.3

    LOL

    > plus there are problems with 10.3

    if i came from suse 10.0 to openSUSE 10.2
    there was also problems.......
    there are no more troubles switching to openSUSE 10.3
    compare openSUSE 10.2.

    I did install openSUSE 10.3 (32 & 64bit) over 5 pc's now ;-)
    --
    EOS
    www.photo-memories.be
    Running KDE 3.5.8 / openSUSE 10.3

  6. Re: Packman has YAST doesn't

    On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, EOS wrote:-

    >darklight wrote:
    >
    >> because of dvdstyler i don't use 10.3

    >LOL

    I've never tried it so can't say if that would be a good reason for me
    to refrain from upgrading.

    >> plus there are problems with 10.3

    >if i came from suse 10.0 to openSUSE 10.2
    >there was also problems.......

    You can imagine the fun that I should have had when going from 10.0 to
    10.3 then. It was actually quite easy, despite hardware limitations, and
    only raised a few problems. It was also the first experience with
    installing while using VNC from another system.

    The first problem was the DVD drive is an old DVD writer that has issues
    reading some DVDRs. Luckily, it read the initial loader and so I could
    use that to perform a net install.

    The second problem was, due to the extensive addition of third-party
    packages, I ended up almost in a dependency hell. I got out of that by
    cancelling any changes I made, telling it to only update the installed
    packages, and then went into the package manager and told it to update
    every package.

    The end results of that was to remove all the addition software I'd
    installed. Not much of a problem as I either built the packages myself,
    and already had 10.3 packages available to add after the installation,
    or they came from Packman or Guru, and so I can also easily add them
    again.

    Those were the only problems during the upgrade and, despite the
    concerns about the swap from /dev/hd? to /dev/sd?, it all worked out
    very well. Took around 2 hours to complete the upgrade, and left me with
    a system that was almost as it was beforehand.

    >there are no more troubles switching to openSUSE 10.3
    >compare openSUSE 10.2.
    >
    >I did install openSUSE 10.3 (32 & 64bit) over 5 pc's now ;-)

    Three 10.3 installs here so far, two were 32bit x86 and one was on a
    32bit PPC[0]. One of the 32bit installs was a gradual upgrade from 10.2
    going through almost all the alphas, betas, and RC1 to GM. The other was
    an upgrade from 10.0 to 10.3. Not one of the x86 installs caused any
    major trouble. The PPC install did cause some problems, but they were
    caused by my reading the partitioning advice, and then not following it
    closely enough.

    [0] And that was really fun to do :|

    Regards,
    David Bolt

    | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit | openSUSE 10.3 32bit
    SUSE 10.0 64bit | SUSE 10.1 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 64bit |
    RISC OS 3.11 | RISC OS 3.6 | TOS 4.02 | openSUSE 10.3 PPC

+ Reply to Thread