Hello,

Is there an alternative setup method for SUSE? Or some way to bypass
the fancy isolinux splash screen? I'm trying to install SUSE 10.3 as
an HVM guest in Xen and the setup gets stuck at:

Booting from CD-ROM...

ISOLINUX 3.31 0x46f4561c Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin

This happens when trying to install other distros whose setup also
leverages the fancy isolinux splash screen (like Ubuntu) and there's a
bug report for it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/83642

What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a SUSE specific trick to
force the installer into a basic textmode setup. I've tried passing
textmode=1 as in:

xm create vmname extra="textmode=1"

But it didn't work... I've also tried the network install with
mini.iso (openSUSE-10.3-GM-i386-mini.iso), but the result was the
same...

thanks much in advance, -Alain.